Thread: The bumbling media circus

The bumbling media circus

With the drama today unfolding around Richmond and Terry Wallace, wouldn't it be great, if they actually waited for the story to unfold, instead of trying to out do their opponent with the latest "scoop", so to speak?

Today's effort by the media in particular, Craig Hutchinson, Mark Robinson, SEN and the Herald-Sun went over board and it was a shambles from the very start.

I wish the media would actually use common sense for once but I doubt they would know what common sense means, to be truthful.

The Herald-Sun knew they had made a mistake, so they pulled down Mark Robinson's name down from the article and put down "staff writer". We all knew that Mark Robinson broke the story for the Herald Sun, so why deny that he ever wrote the story in the first place?

This is what has bugged me about the media. The lies and cover up and the sensational stories just to make a quick buck instead of telling the bloody truth of the story. The people want to know what is going on, not bull@@@@ and innuendo.

But, like they say in the classics, leapards never change their spots and I doubt the likes of Craig Hutchinson and Mark Robinson would be the ones sack.

I know that Richmond didn't handle it well today, but the full blame in today's mess must lie fully with the media and somebody should get the sack for it, but I have my doubts about it, if somebody gets punished.

Even though I hate the media, it does provide a laugh though.

I don't think the $780 million the AFL got from the media gives them the right to sack someone.

Please.

We ALL know that Terry's head is on the chopping block.

Harvey is next.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I don't think the $780 million the AFL got from the media gives them the right to sack someone.

Please.

Harvey is next.
    I suspect that at the moment Laidley and Malthouse are in a shakier position than Harvey. That could change in a few weeks.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I suspect that at the moment Laidley and Malthouse are in a shakier position than Harvey. That could change in a few weeks.
    Trust me ... Harvey's gone.

Well we all know that Maltmouth was gone when Eddie Everywhere came out and said his job was as safe as houses, and that Buckley wasn't lining up for the coaches position.

Laidley really shouldn't have started this year,
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post

Please.

Is there a chopping block big enough?
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Quote Originally Posted by COBHC View Post

This is what has bugged me about the media. The lies and cover up and the sensational stories

Unlike the lies and coverups of govts and bureaucrats, which are cool.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news