• Bulldogs - between 20 and 39 points

4 7.14%
  • Bulldogs - 40 points or more

1 1.79%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Round 10 - Western Bulldogs

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    They are also going to be without Gilbee and Higgins.
    Gilbee playing according to this article:

http://www.realfooty.com.au/articles...103542506.html

Which also includes the startling revelation that:

Gilbee reckons the former Swans - coach Rodney Eade, his assistant Paul Williams, runner John Stevens and matchday statistician Rowan Warfe - now at the Bulldogs can only be an advantage. "I have no doubt it would help," Gilbee said. "Rodney coached there for a while and Paul Williams played in a premiership there not so long ago, and we've got some other guys who have got some Sydney knowledge.
    I thought Williams was at Melbourne? Must have moved last year - there's a real little Swans expat community in Melbourne between Dogs and Saints.

Given that they beat us convincly three times last year, I see this as a real litmus test of where we're at with our best team on the park and all in pretty good form. Let's do 'em!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post

I thought Williams was at Melbourne? Must have moved last year - there's a real little Swans expat community in Melbourne between Dogs and Saints.

Given that they beat us convincly three times last year, I see this as a real litmus test of where we're at with our best team on the park and all in pretty good form. Let's do 'em!
    Yep, Williams moved at the start of the year to the Dogs.
    Dees have Scott West.

This Bulldogs game is one of the most even and exciting contests of the year - looking forward to it. If the Swans can maintain that run on style accompanied by solid tackling that they did on the weekend, we're in with a good chance. Swans by 11.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post

I think they've been too long out to do any "insider-type" damage ... ala Lyons.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I think they've been too long out to do any "insider-type" damage ... ala Lyons.
    Exactly. What's Warfe going to tell 'em? How to negate Peter Filandia?

"Rowan Warfe - now at the Bulldogs can only be an advantage"

Lol. Rowan Warfe. Lol.
    "As a player he simply should not have been able to do the things he did. Leo was a 185cm, 88kg full-back and played on some of the biggest, fastest and best full-forwards of all time, and constantly beat them." Roos.
    Leo Barry? you star! We'll miss ya, ''Leapin''.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    "Rowan Warfe - now at the Bulldogs can only be an advantage"

Lol. Rowan Warfe. Lol.
    Warfe is one of the Fitzroy generation of coaches - Roos, Lyon, Blakey. Coaches are like race horses. You find the quality from the lineage. In this case Len Smith. Laugh at him at your peril.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Eade studies opposition footballers in minute detail. Willo and Warfe know the Bloods engine room, particularly the habits and reflex responses of our players under pressure. This will be like playing an intra-club match.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    Warfe is one of the Fitzroy generation of coaches - Roos, Lyon, Blakey. Coaches are like race horses. You find the quality from the lineage. In this case Len Smith. Laugh at him at your peril.
    Let me guess, you think he was a superstar player as well...

Of those who played over 50 games for us in the Sydney era, he is a top 5 hack.
    "As a player he simply should not have been able to do the things he did. Leo was a 185cm, 88kg full-back and played on some of the biggest, fastest and best full-forwards of all time, and constantly beat them." Roos.
    Leo Barry? you star! We'll miss ya, ''Leapin''.

Of those who played over 50 games for us in the Sydney era, he is a top 5 hack.
    Struggled towards the end of his career, after a few injuries. Thought he was more than useful in his first few years at the club. He was frustrating at times as he did turn it over a bit but plenty of guts. No worldbeater but hack is a tough call in my opinion.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Just throwing it out there that it is very rare for a person to be a champion player and coach. I don't see a correlation between skill level on the park and nous in the Coach's box.
    10100111001 ;-)

How would Warfe know anything about our current style/gameplan? When was he a coach for us?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast