Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sat Afternoon game into Sydney...

Over the split round either channel can only show 2 games, hence Friday night and Saturday night both weekends.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by laughingnome View Post
    There was no game on Saturday Afternoon, but there were two games on Sunday. A call to channel 7 shows they know nothing; they couldn't tell me why they weren't broadcasting the Hawthorn Brisbane game, on at 1pm in Hobart, without breaking their contract with the AFL. Waiting on a response from the AFL.
    Their contract would stipulate both 7 and 10 show 2 matches per round, which is what is happening in this round.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    You really should talk to more football followers. Across the football world it is the majority that don't like the current arrangements. I meet footy followers from right across Australia, and very few are happy with the drop from 5 to 4 games on FTA in the current deal.
    I'd prefer live football. The current arrangements means 7 or 8 live games in Sydney which is an unambiguously good deal.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    I'd prefer live football. The current arrangements means 7 or 8 live games in Sydney which is an unambiguously good deal.
    You're comparing apples and oranges. Most people, at last count approx 75%, don't have pay TV, so 75% of the population are unhappy with the drop from 5 to 4 games on FTA in this deal compared with the last.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Blog Entries
    After spending the weekend in the Harbour city, I can sympathise with most, who complain about the lack of AFL.
    If not for my parents being avid fans, I would have had to wait to get back to Melbourne to find out the results. I got a SMH on Sat, and in the 5 mins I had to read it, couldn't find the results from Fri Night.
    Although I did get to see my Dogs, flog the Broncos!!
    First game of league I've seen in many years (beside SOO).

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    You're comparing apples and oranges. Most people, at last count approx 75%, don't have pay TV, so 75% of the population are unhappy with the drop from 5 to 4 games on FTA in this deal compared with the last.
    When was the fifth game - Sunday afternoon? I assume you are in Victoria. Sydney has only ever had 4 on FTA per weekend and Friday / Sat nights are invariably at witching hour.

Don't complain. I've just come back from Cairns.
    If it weren't for Foxtel, there would be NO AFL up there.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Silver member, not Gold pinkemu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Don't complain. I've just come back from Cairns.
    If it weren't for Foxtel, there would be NO AFL up there.
    If there were no "Foxtel" we'd be able to watch all the televised games on FTA

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    Their contract would stipulate both 7 and 10 show 2 matches per round, which is what is happening in this round.
    Correct - an email from the AFL saying as much came this morning. I'm still not happy with Channel 7 and their lack of feedback mechanisms, but that's for another thread.
    10100111001 ;-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12