Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hall cleared - twice

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar

Hall cleared - twice

I put this in the other thread, but then thought it could have it's own.

The Match Review panel has cleared Barry Hall of both the Ellis and Mitchell incidents that I thought he'd be victimised further over.

Steven King cops four-week ban, Patrick Ryder suspended for a week | Herald Sun
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

I was about to post this. This is a slap in the face to all the soft pricks that wanted him gone. Suck on that!!

Veterans List
    That's refreshing.

refreshing - more like miraculous!

Must be at least one old time footballer on the MRP who felt Hally deserved a break after the bs the umpires served him up all afternoon.

some common sense for once.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    So does he get a free hit on umpire #24 now?
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Veteran Site Admin
    Off topic - ie not Swans related - but ouch, ouch to the two suspensions handed out. The King one was well off the ball and the camera angle shown on TV made it hard to assess what really happened. Unless there is additional footage involved I can see the Saints trying to have that downgraded.

Didn't see the Ryder incident but has to hurt for the Bombers since Ryder is their last vestige of a ruckman still standing.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Off topic - ie not Swans related - but ouch, ouch to the two suspensions handed out. The King one was well off the ball and the camera angle shown on TV made it hard to assess what really happened. Unless there is additional footage involved I can see the Saints trying to have that downgraded.

Didn't see the Ryder incident but has to hurt for the Bombers since Ryder is their last vestige of a ruckman still standing.
    Power was knocked unconscious. He is a lawyer so i don't know if his evidence would help King if it goes to hearing. King from memory seems to have a record of putting blokes lights out.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    Power was knocked unconscious. He is a lawyer so i don't know if his evidence would help King if it goes to hearing. King from memory seems to have a record of putting blokes lights out.
    He was always going to cop a long holiday. Way off the ball (though we know that means it can still be 'in play' ), high impact and probably high contact, though when one is not expected to be smashed it doesn't need to be high contact to knock u senseless.

It is 4 weeks with an early plea, 6 if he appeals and loses.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffers1984 View Post
    Ahhhhh..the old free hit rule..hope he uses it wisely..but I thinkl he got that with Maguire.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

He won't need to take it - who amongst us works out the most and can put the heaviest set of knuckles into it? Reckon there's a few of us who would be happy to take it for him.

Veterans List
    No 24 was Chris Hendrie. I must say I wasn't looking at which umpire it was but Mark Fyne on SEN was adamant it was Vosso(2).

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast