Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barry Hall on One week at a time - One HD

Did anyone find Walls' comment along the lines that Baz doesn't deserve to get the "benefit of the doubt" when it comes to umpire's decisions interesting?
    I took that as meaning it's ok that he gets shafted each week - because he's Barry Hall. I'm perplexed.

I thought BB acquited himself well. Surprised me to see that he made Tom Harley (sigh....) look quite a bit smaller! I keep forgetting just how formidable he is in size. Loved the vision of him at 18 doing boxing training, and he was fearsomely quick with his hands and jabs. Watch this space people. I am not a boxing fan, but the man has talent.

PS: Walls is an idiot. I take very little notice of what he has to say.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    PS: Walls is an idiot. I take very little notice of what he has to say.
    You're right of course, but I still find it disturbing that a high(ish) profile media "personality" can say stuff like that & it's deemed acceptable. I was waiting for Baz to get up and belt him. Who says he can't control himself?

Just watched Footy Classified (came on 15 minutes later than advertised..... but maybe only in 'backwards' Canberra?) except for Grant Thomas they were very anti-Barry, sorry that I watched it.

Maybe he was paid to go on that show but there is no way I could have done that........24 hours after all the hoo haa. I would have been a quivering mess in the foetal position so it must have taken a lot of deep breaths to face that lot.

Did he answer the BIG question?

"I would love to go in the ruck, Robert, but Roosy won't let me. Maybe in my last game" would be the answer I think

P.s. Plugger my dog is deaf (as is one of my cats). All the times I curse because he can't hear me and I have to wait until I get eye contact to signal him, is more than made up for on Cracker night and thunderstorms. Other owners are running around but I know those two are blissfully asleep.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Did anyone find Walls' comment along the lines that Baz doesn't deserve to get the "benefit of the doubt" when it comes to umpire's decisions interesting?
    I took that as meaning it's ok that he gets shafted each week - because he's Barry Hall. I'm perplexed.
    Me too. I couldn't believe it when Quartermain said Hall's treatment by the umpries has been raised many times with the upiring dept, yet still no change and players like Hall, Brown, Franklin should just get on with the game. I was left wondering why we even have rules when they are disregarded based on one's apparent size. It really is turning me off the game and the fact that Walls, Quartermain and many others in the media don't see it as an issue worthy of further scrutiny is even more disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaussie View Post
    Me too. I couldn't believe it when Quartermain said Hall's treatment by the umpries has been raised many times with the upiring dept, yet still no change and players like Hall, Brown, Franklin should just get on with the game. I was left wondering why we even have rules when they are disregarded based on one's apparent size. It really is turning me off the game and the fact that Walls, Quartermain and many others in the media don't see it as an issue worthy of further scrutiny is even more disappointing.
    It used to be the same for Chris Tarrant when he was playing for the Woods..he must be loving being a backman.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

At least Quartermain said that he reckoned Roughead milked the second 50 - which he did. I wish someone had of smacked the smile Mitchells face though - if anyone deserved a good slap for smart arse antics it was him. he is a contender for 2009 knob of the year.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Beaussie View Post
    On One Week... Hall admitted that the 50/50 calls go against him because of the abuse he gives umpires and that "he probably wouldn't give him a free kick either".

So the ball is and always has been in Barry's court.

If he stopped abusing the umpires so badly - the clear cause of the problem - he and the team would be far better off. But he is too selfish to turn things around.
    "As a player he simply should not have been able to do the things he did. Leo was a 185cm, 88kg full-back and played on some of the biggest, fastest and best full-forwards of all time, and constantly beat them." Roos.
    Leo Barry? you star! We'll miss ya, ''Leapin''.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    At least Quartermain said that he reckoned Roughead milked the second 50 - which he did. I wish someone had of smacked the smile Mitchells face though - if anyone deserved a good slap for smart arse antics it was him. he is a contender for 2009 knob of the year.
    But if a Swan like Buchanan, Bolton or Moore try to milk a free it's ok
    "As a player he simply should not have been able to do the things he did. Leo was a 185cm, 88kg full-back and played on some of the biggest, fastest and best full-forwards of all time, and constantly beat them." Roos.
    Leo Barry? you star! We'll miss ya, ''Leapin''.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    But if a Swan like Buchanan, Bolton or Moore try to milk a free it's ok
    Was the rolleyes really warranted?? - I was just stating what a commentator mentioned (if you listened properly), so what I agree with him where is the crime in that?. Did I say that the first 50 was unwarranted??? no I didn't. I think the first 50 probably was warranted - the second I think was milked by Roughead who deliberately ran into Hall from behind, as for the third, Mitchell was lucky that he still has his teeth. I'm not fond of milking for frees that much - it makes the person acting look like a complete idiot even if they do get away with it.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Would have been nice to have the OneHD broadcast in Canberra rather than a screen saver.
    Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    Coming soon! (Has been for months)
    We get the same. The local tv salesman reckons it won't be before GF day as 10 is telecasting it this year.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast