Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sydney and Nick Davis locked in dispute over payments - Melbourne Herald Sun

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I love Nick Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by Article in Question View Post
    Davis, who recently returned to Sydney after trying to become an NFL punter, rang the Herald Sun..
    Desperate for attention.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    I love Nick Davis.
    How would we all feel if we saw Nick Davis's name in the team against Collingwood say in the forward pocket??

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    He was so injured that he could still train with Brisbane for a spot on their list pre-season?

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    How would we all feel if we saw Nick Davis's name in the team against Collingwood say in the forward pocket??
    Worried

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    He was so injured that he could still train with Brisbane for a spot on their list pre-season?
    I'm not entirely sure if that matters (silly as it may seem). I believe the most significant part as far as the matter is concerned is that he didn't get a spot on their list.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Don't you lovethe emotive language in the headline....."Locked in dispute "
    Locked with its hard K sounds rather than in dispute.

In the article Davis says they are on the same page. Hmmmmmmmm.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I'm not entirely sure if that matters (silly as it may seem). I believe the most significant part as far as the matter is concerned is that he didn't get a spot on their list.
    But how much was that due to his injury, or other factors such as his age, his talent, his application, off-field issues...etc?

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    We'd probably feel alright, but I don't think the Pies fans would be too happy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    But how much was that due to his injury, or other factors such as his age, his talent, his application, off-field issues...etc?
    I know what you mean, I know absolutely nothing at all about the specifics of Nick's situation at all; but I understand that as part of the CBA any player who suffers an injury whilst playing in the final year of their contract (not sure the minimum impact the injury has to be, but from recollection it doesn't particuarly have to be "career ending") and then does not go on to play with another club is entitled to a payment totaling half of the base contract of their final year. This clause gets tapped into quite a bit.

Whether Nick was actually on a $400k base I do not know; I doubt he was, but with hefty incentive targets it probably would be about that if he only signed for one year- so the point of contention may have been around half of the "potential" total.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline

are we paying kennelly and fosdike at the moment?

plus now might be paying davis, plus leo barry to do stuff all, gee our list management is great
    Theres not much left to say

Blog Entries
    Nic and Tadhg are a bit different as they were also contracted for this season. With Tadhg's shoulder it was a reoccuring thing and if it'd been going on for >2 seasons (I can't recall if it was; did he first injure it in 2007?) then it wouldn't count towards this sort of payment (year standing on his contract aside), with Nic I believe he was paid a chunk of change by the club (and I wouldn't be suprised if it was around the amount Nick is asking for).

It's not overly poor list management (at least not in this case!), I understand most clubs make a payment of this sort each year.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast