Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sydney and Nick Davis locked in dispute over payments - Melbourne Herald Sun

Blog Entries

Sydney and Nick Davis locked in dispute over payments - Melbourne Herald Sun

Melbourne Herald Sun, Australia
    EXCLUSIVE: THE Sydney Swans and their 2005 premiership hero Nick Davis are in a protracted and potentially explosive dispute relating to his parting with the club last year. Davis is seeking a financial settlement believed to be about $200000. ...

I know, another bloody Nick Daivs Thread.

+1

Hmm well if the club wasted good money on paying the likes of Daffey & Tingay (and lets not forget Terry Wallace!) who did absolutely nothing for the club, then why cant Nick Davis, who actually did contribute to the club during his time, claim what is contractually his ? Despite what some may think, If it is deemed under the contract that he is entitled to something then so be it (because we all know that for some here on RWO a "contract is a contract" and it is not to be broken!!! ) - if you read further down the article (after the initial sensationalised headline) it notes that negotiations are on track, so really there is no drama and I'm sure it happens at all clubs. moving on.
    Last edited by Wardy; 11th June 2009 at 09:12 AM.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post

Melbourne Herald Sun, Australia
    EXCLUSIVE: THE Sydney Swans and their 2005 premiership hero Nick Davis are in a protracted and potentially explosive dispute relating to his parting with the club last year. Davis is seeking a financial settlement believed to be about $200000. ...

I know, another bloody Nick Daivs Thread.

+1
    sub-text:

Davo doesn't get contract in America
    Thommo (joint manager)! uses the tried and true rugby league method of negotiations, ie go to the media
    Davo always desperate for attention beats up an issue of compensation payments for a bung knee
    How much does the club have to pay in terms of money, diversion and wasting valuable resources for a one night stand?
    Get a job Davo and shut the @@@@ @@
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    sub-text:

Thommo (joint manager)! uses the tried and true rugby league method of negotiations, ie go to the media
    Davo always desperate for attention beats up an issue of compensation payments for a bung knee
    How much does the club have to pay in terms of money, diversion and wasting valuable resources for a one night stand?
    Get a job Davo and shut the @@@@ @@
    At least you are consistent with your dislike for the lad - but as many have said a contract is a contract - and if there is anything in that contract that stipulates that Davis is entitled to something - then he should get what he is owed. You cant change the rules just because its someone you dont like.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Hmm well if the club wasted good money on paying the likes of Daffey & Tingay (and lets not forget Terry Wallace!) who did abosolutely nothing for the club, then why cant Nick Davis, who actually did contribute to the club during his time, claim what is contractually his ? Despite what some may think, If it is deemed under the contract that he is entitled to something then so be it (because we all know that for some here on RWO a "contract is a contract" and it is not to be broken!!! ) - if you read further down the article (after the initial sensationalised headline) it notes that negotiations are on track, so really there is no drama and I'm sure it happens at all clubs. moving on.
    Exactly, typical HS/Damian Barrett article.

Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    sub-text:

That thought crossed my mind too.
    However, as the journo's, either never give, or never get the whole story, we may not know if this is something new, or if it has been on the cards since the parting of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Exactly, typical HS/Damian Barrett article.

That thought crossed my mind too.
    However, as the journo's, either never give, or never get the whole story, we may not know if this is something new, or if it has been on the cards since the parting of ways.
    Another though has just crossed my mind. Is team Davo claiming that because of his knee injury Davo didn't get the contract in America? Loss of opportunity? That could be interesting
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Blog Entries
    "Joint manager" indeed. Perhaps Davis has finally shown some good judgement?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ROK Lobster View Post
    "Joint manager" indeed. Perhaps Davis has finally shown some good judgement?

Senior Player
    Hmm well if the club wasted good money on paying the likes of Daffey.
    I'm pretty sure that the Daffy - Stafford trade (in a very convoluted way that included Melbourne, Geelong and Freo) secured us the services of one B Hall, and if that's the case I'm happy for Daffy to have played an ultra-cameo role.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    I'm pretty sure that the Daffy - Stafford trade (in a very convoluted way that included Melbourne, Geelong and Freo) secured us the services of one B Hall, and if that's the case I'm happy for Daffy to have played an ultra-cameo role.
    Ok take fair point - take Daffey out of the equation - the club has still wasted money on duds over the years. I dont see the problem in paying Davis what he is legally entitled too.

Ok take fair point - take Daffey out of the equation - the club has still wasted money on duds over the years. I dont see the problem in paying Davis what he is legally entitled too.
    Wardy, every club has dud's and on balance we have done better than average on bringing recycled players to the club.

Get over it.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    Wardy, every club has dud's and on balance we have done better than average on bringing recycled players to the club.

Get over it.

DST
    I have nothing to get over - just making a point if thats ok with you!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast