Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Will we lose Horse?

Horse, a show pony? Neh !!!!!!

Name has not been thrown up and why should he go to a Club that is heading toward extinction?

He would be a good replacement for Roos and I'm sure he would have his own game plan.

Remember it always seems greener on the other side of the fence until you jump over and find yourself ankle deep in sewage!
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I guess if Horse wants to be senior coach now he would be a great choice for them but I would be sad that the swans have invested a lot and that he didn't get a chance. I think he has clearly been a big factor in our success. Maybe he has a different take than Roos. I'd like to see him what he has to offer in his own right.
    Anyone here involved with the ressies have feedback on his performance when he was their coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Name has not been thrown up
    Yes it has.

..and why should he go to a Club that is heading toward extinction?
    North's future has been guaranteed by the AFL in light of their choice to decline the offer to relocate.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Will Longmire be the new coach of the Kangas? has he been guaranteed the Swans' job when Roosy pulls the pin?
    The Terry Wallace/Peter Costello Rule? I'd be surprised if Horse believes this alleged 'agreement' is worth any more than the paper it's written on. (Not that it'd be in writing)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    As a former forward I would be very suprised if longmire was a defensive mindset coach whereas this doesnt suprise me with Roos.
    I'm assuming you saw Roos play? Hardly a boring, dour defender.
    And the man who started it all, the Schneiderman . . . . .

This will be Longmire's best chance at a senior gig so he should go for it. He's a North premiership player and unless he gets on the merry go round now it may pass him by forever.

I am sure he would go with the Swans' blessing.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Blog Entries
    Horse, a show pony? Neh !!!!!!
    Shut the gate...

Can we afford another "Roos trained" coach out there! Witness St Kilda! Na, keep him under wraps and don't mention the war. We will bring him out when the time comes.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    I reckon a Buckley or Hird would be good for us as assistant.

They could use it as a springboard to lift their national profile and WS18.
    Sheeds is sniffing around for the Wild West job. And the crazy gang will grease the wheels.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    Sheeds is sniffing around for the Wild West job. And the crazy gang will grease the wheels.
    When I was sitting next to Sheeds on the plane to Cairns**, he denied that he was going to Richmond, and laughed when I mentioned the Blacktown Bogans but wouldn't commit.

** The best four hour flight I've ever had in my life. He thinks my idea of no umpires has merit, but it would be a logistical nightmare to implement. Seriously though, he thought that a "tribunal" for maggots (like the NRL one) would make them think twice before making a dodgy decision.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    When I was sitting next to Sheeds on the plane to Cairns**, he denied that he was going to Richmond, and laughed when I mentioned the Blacktown Bogans but wouldn't commit.

** The best four hour flight I've ever had in my life. He thinks my idea of no umpires has merit, but it would be a logistical nightmare to implement. Seriously though, he thought that a "tribunal" for maggots (like the NRL one) would make them think twice before making a dodgy decision.

good onya Annie - now you realise that if that idea is ever implemented we have you to thank for it!!! (and Sheeds should acknowledge you in dispatches!)
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Horse is winning the Herald Sun vote off by a country mile over Buckley!!!! So he might be a popular choice - why a club would consider throwing $800,000 at an explayer who didnt even win a premeirship and who has never coached ( from Collingwood as well pooh!! ) has me perplexed. Longmire has the coaching experience, and he's one their own - surely he will get the gig!

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Horse is winning the Herald Sun vote off by a country mile over Buckley!!!! So he might be a popular choice - why a club would consider throwing $800,000 at an explayer who didnt even win a premeirship and who has never coached ( from Collingwood as well pooh!! ) has me perplexed. Longmire has the coaching experience, and he's one their own - surely he will get the gig!
    I wonder how Swans fans would view a swap of Horse for Laidley, with the latter to become an assistant at the Swans.

Laidley is universally admired as a great tactitian and game day coach, probably the areas we struggle with the most. He could add a lot to our coaching panel given he would probably be a long shot to get another head coaching gig.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    I wonder how Swans fans would view a swap of Horse for Laidley, with the latter to become an assistant at the Swans.

Laidley is universally admired as a great tactitian and game day coach, probably the areas we struggle with the most. He could add a lot to our coaching panel given he would probably be a long shot to get another head coaching gig.
    I wonder how Laidley feels about Meditation and Yoga? stranger things have happened I guess!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast