Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Will we lose Horse?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    I wonder how Swans fans would view a swap of Horse for Laidley, with the latter to become an assistant at the Swans.

Laidley is universally admired as a great tactitian and game day coach, probably the areas we struggle with the most. He could add a lot to our coaching panel given he would probably be a long shot to get another head coaching gig.
    No question re his match day status - Neil Daniher was another one that all the other coaches claimed was outstanding from this perspective. Nevertheless, I'd find it hard to believe Laidley has jumped ship w/o a pretty good senior coaching plan B.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalai Lama View Post
    why is he called "Horse" - does he have a propensity to eat hay?
    From his playing days, when he was quick and well built.
    10100111001 ;-)

Longmire seems to be firming as favourite. According to 7 news tonight.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

well he's been Roos's bridesmaid for a while now - so maybe its Longmires time to be the bride for a change. He missed the Saints gig - so why not "go home" to Arden street, it might be exactly what they need..
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Longmire seems to be firming as favourite. According to 7 news tonight.
    Reports this morning say the job is Buckley's....If he want it???
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Reports this morning say the job is Buckley's....If he want it???
    Possible after all Fig left the Lions to go to the maggots to win a premiership. But Eddy would fight it all the way through the divorce courts. Fig has the maggots job. Really why would anyone sign up as a stoker on the SS Kanga Titanic???
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    Possible after all Fig left ...???
    Why is he called Fig?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Why is he called Fig?
    FIGJAM.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

On the Rookie List Darren Thomson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    FIGJAM.
    Yes figjam, just ask him, you would think North would want one of their own in there, gives Longmires long apprenticeship, I would have thought he'd be a walk up start, who would want a completetly untried coach as opposed to someone who has come thru the ranks already, learning along the way? Seems a no brainer to me

Paul Roos for PM

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Thomson View Post
    Yes figjam, just ask him, you would think North would want one of their own in there, gives Longmires long apprenticeship, I would have thought he'd be a walk up start, who would want a completetly untried coach as opposed to someone who has come thru the ranks already, learning along the way? Seems a no brainer to me
    Except that Laidley's big drawback was a lack of media savvy, something Buckley has in spades. North want to sell the club, and it seems that's a given role for the modern coach, to create hype and interest to get bums on seats, members, etc. Seems to me that that's the reason to chase Buckley, and Voss got the gig at Brisbane for the same reasons (plus being a favoured son, which increases the public profile even more).

TL;DR: North would be mad to not go for Fig.
    10100111001 ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by laughingnome View Post
    North want to sell the club
    I know a mob at Blacktown that would be interested. You can't get more higher profile than Sheedy as Coach.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by laughingnome View Post
    Except that Laidley's big drawback was a lack of media savvy, something Buckley has in spades. North want to sell the club, and it seems that's a given role for the modern coach, to create hype and interest to get bums on seats, members, etc. Seems to me that that's the reason to chase Buckley, and Voss got the gig at Brisbane for the same reasons (plus being a favoured son, which increases the public profile even more).

TL;DR: North would be mad to not go for Fig.
    Bucks would be insane to go to a club that is broke, has one of the worst lists in the comp and has an even more obnoxious president than Eddy. Besides there are plenty of bums at Collingwood he doesn't have to work at it there.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast