Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Will we lose Horse?

On the veteran's list

Will we lose Horse?

Will Longmire be the new coach of the Kangas? has he been guaranteed the Swans' job when Roosy pulls the pin?
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Hadn't thought of that, I'd be glad to see him go. IMO if he was at the swans after Roos it would be more of the same.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

After the success we have had more of the same sounds pretty good to me.

I disagree with this more of the same type argument. A perfect example of this is Roos himself , an assistant coach under rodney eade but nobody could accuse him of providing "more of the same" when he stepped into the head coach role.

I think it is difficult for any assistant coach to impose his style unless they are given the head coach role. As a former forward I would be very suprised if longmire was a defensive mindset coach whereas this doesnt suprise me with Roos.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Hadn't thought of that, I'd be glad to see him go. IMO if he was at the swans after Roos it would be more of the same.

Agreed, would like to see some new blood in the coaches box

In my view the highwater mark of the swans coaching panel has gone.

Warming the Bench
    Come now, Ugly Duckling, clearly you know nothing about football if you think six straight final series, two grand finals, one premiership and just missing out on the top four in 2008 (despite all and sundry predicting a dramatic fall... again) is successful!?

While he is clearly a tremendous asset to the coaching team (and I'm basing this on his longevity in the role and Roos' own appraisal of his work) I hope he goes too, because it just may mean he thinks the Swans job is not going to come up any time soon.

Also, the bloke has put in the hard yards for a number of years and, if he's good enough, deserves a crack at a top job.

Maybe I need to make my self more clear. I am more concerned that the game plan will be the same as for the last few years. I have no problem with the success of the past (obviously), but I think our game plan is past it's use by date, I don't want to see any more of that.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Going on Roos assessment of Horse, he has and is doing a fine job....but I hope he goes too. I don't like the idea of a succession plan orchestrated by the incumbent coach. It's way too insular and limiting. I don't mind if it turns out that they decide on an existing swans assistant for the job, but surely when the time comes for a new coach the swans board should look far and wide before deciding.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

If Horse gets the gig ... great. He deserves his own show.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Warming the Bench
    As has been pointed out, Longmire is not Roos for a start. Where is it suggested that he can't come up with his own game plan/coaching style?

Seems a bit frivolous to wish away someone with his experience because he worked as part of a successful coaching team that produced a premiership with a style that you now consider out of date.

He played under Pagan and has been an assistant to Roos and Eade - three coaches of the highest standing in the AFL's history.

I reckon a Buckley or Hird would be good for us as assistant.

They could use it as a springboard to lift their national profile and WS18.
    "As a player he simply should not have been able to do the things he did. Leo was a 185cm, 88kg full-back and played on some of the biggest, fastest and best full-forwards of all time, and constantly beat them." Roos.
    Leo Barry? you star! We'll miss ya, ''Leapin''.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast