Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One week at a time - 22nd June

Walls said:

1. Swans have oldest list;
    2. They will not make the 8 this year;
    3. They are in serious trouble in the next few years in terms of the list;
    4. No outstanding up and coming players on the list;
    5. Roos HAS TO clear a lot of deadwood at the end of this year.
    1-3 are pretty clear.

4 is probably not far off. Some will point to the likes of Bird or Vespremi, but the former is a decent player and the latter has hardly had a chance to show anything. That's not "outsanding" in the sense of somebody who is ready to step up and be a major part of the side.

5...well, he may not be able to do that. With Fosdike and Kennelly gone, and Crouch, O'Loughlin, Playfair and Barry almost certain to follow, can he really afford to let anyone else go?

[QUOTE=top40;444491]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    What also concerns me after watching the Swans' recent games against the Eagles, the Hawks, and now Collingwood, are their very disappointing final quarters.
    Comes with age.
    Used to be one of our strong points though.
    Seems, the Swans have been caught out with the list.
    Surprising that Ross and the rest of the club had little foresight that this might happen.
    Perhaps could have been a little more pre-emptive.
    I guess we played the quintessential post premiership list, retaining as many of the players as possible.
    Maybe all those posters who have previously used the term "premiership credits" actually had quite fair thoughts.

In the end, commentators are paid to give their opinions.
    Never really got how supporters get all upset over their POV's
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Walls also said four weeks ago (yes, only four weeks ago) after the Port win that he'd underestimated the Swans ("as always" were his words) and that we'd play finals. Since then, we've been beaten comprehensively by the Bulldogs (a top 4 side) and in winning positions against two contenders. It's not like we're not being competitive.

So in four weeks (3 matches) we've gone from definitely playing finals to one of the worst sides in the competition. He changes his mind every week - wouldn't have a clue about our list.

Personally, I'm nowhere near as negative about our list as most are - I'm excited about our young players and I certainly haven't written finals off this year. We're one game out of the 8, in a year where most of the teams around us are going to be up and down.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12