Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where from here?

Where from here?

We are s*** and most of our young players are showing no promise, maybe I should leave the country and come back in 10 yrs
    Grundy, LRT, Bevan and teddy all not good enough.
    No skill in midfield and not enough goal kickers.

Who is going to kick our goals in 2 yrs??

Our decision making and skills dont seem to be getting any better, what are we doing on the trining ground??

If Barry Hall was playing with a another side he would get a lot more goals our kicking into our 50 is shocking, I dont blame Bazza for getting annoyed

We just did not have goal kickers today.
    The young guys do not stream through the centre demanding the ball.
    The forward opportunists are not there.

Vespa needs a couple of games to get momentum up.
    A tragic interruption to what should have been his breakout season.

A forward line opportunity just opened up but who is likely to kick at least the 4 that Bazza kicked today.

Only 3 goals in the second half ..... answers needed.

One foot in front of the other hopefully getting games into the young'uns.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Quote Originally Posted by satchmopugdog View Post
    One foot in front of the other hopefully getting games into the young'uns.
    I think that's right. My concern is that of the youngsters we've seen, not many seem to have much class about them. They could be honest toilers - the sort the Swans love - but where is the pace and sublime skill needed to become a top class team again?

Veszpremi and Meredith do look classy. Jury is out on Nick Smith but I'm liking what I see. Brabazon just doesn't look like an AFL player to me. Of the talls, White is worth persevering with but he's dropped off lately. We need to get Johnson fit and firing because a future with no MOL or Hall in our forward line could be very close.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Warming the Bench Cant turn right's Avatar
    Hall to play on in 2010 I reckon so as not to leave Johnson as a first year number one go to player in the forward line.

Welcome to tankville everybody!!
    time to play the kids loose some games and try for a good draft pick panos could be a good forward partner for Johnston and Vezzy in the future

Tank! The Victorians want it.

tank big time and get it over with. Trade jude for an outside midfielder and make Ryan captain. Our best player by a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by sfan View Post
    tank big time and get it over with. Trade jude for an outside midfielder and make Ryan captain. Our best player by a mile.
    Trade Jude WTF he is exactly the type of midfielder the young players need around - someone to do the shovel work. Unfortunately most of the young players we saw today are from the Barham era of recruitment. The Kinnear Beatson era will be much better as this man is a top talent scout.

On the Rookie List
    Drop Barry for the remainder of the year and resign him only subject to his pre season form. Including attitude

Senior Player
    Yeah I reckon, 1 captain and I still think it should be Goodes. O'Keefe definitely our best player and we miss McVeigh and Craig Bolton. Bring in Pyke and use the next 9 weeks to let him learn the game 'cos after all his body can take the hits, play White in the forward line and play as many of the others as we can. If we win a few and scrape into the 8 playing the young kids then it is a great experience for them. If we don't make the 8 then at least they have gained valuable playing time. I am not that worried yet as I think we need to keep playing the young ones and alter the game plan to suit them.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by barry fu u View Post
    Trade Jude WTF he is exactly the type of midfielder the young players need around - someone to do the shovel work. Unfortunately most of the young players we saw today are from the Barham era of recruitment. The Kinnear Beatson era will be much better as this man is a top talent scout.
    Agree. He is hard at the ball........Required player IMO

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast