Thread: Your Team for this week

Your Team for this week

I have noticed a lot of post about who should be in and who should not. So here is your chance to do up your team for this weekend, with the belief that bolton and mcveigh will be fit to play.

Bevan, LRT, Mattner
    Shaw, Bolton, Ted
    Goodes, Mcveigh, Bird
    Jack, White, Ryan O
    Vesp, Hall, Mick
    Jolly, Kirk, Bolton
    I/C: Malceski, Currie, Brabazon, Smith

The swaps have been Mal for thornton, Bolton for Crouch, Mcveigh for Barlow, Currie for Grundy. And if Mick was not retiring I would have omitted him.

I really like Reg Grundy, but from the sounds he had an awful game on the weekend, and he has been poor from what I've been able to see in the last month.

So that being said, I do think it might be time he dropped back to the twos. Hopefully it ups his confidence when he sees how easily he outclasses his opponents, and he starts to believe he belongs in the AFL.

Good thread

Bevan, LRT, Mattner
    Shaw, Bolton, Richards
    Goodes, Kirk, Bird
    Jack, White, ROK
    Vesz, Hall, MOL
    Jolly, Bolton, McVeigh
    I/C: Mal, DOK, Smith, Pyke

Same as above, though I have DOK coming in after having some good games in the ressies, Braba out for him, and I have Pyke over Currie seeing as he has been good as well.

Veterans List
    So 2 posters are convinced Beamish will get off, Bolts will make a miraculous recovery from a knee injury, McVeigh's shoulder will heal overnight and all is forgiven Mal.

No way Crouch will be dropped for heaven's sake. He had 14 touches and if he wasn't dropped last week after his howler against the Pies then he never will. Didn't you note his return to form as he dashed away from 18 super fit Crows and slotted a goal on the run from 50. The fact that those 18 Crows had lost interest for the day should not enter the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    So 2 posters are convinced Beamish will get off, Bolts will make a miraculous recovery from a knee injury, McVeigh's shoulder will heal overnight and all is forgiven Mal.
    Yep, the only certain out this week is Barry Hall.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleed Red Blood View Post
    I really like Reg Grundy, but from the sounds he had an awful game on the weekend, and he has been poor from what I've been able to see in the last month.

So that being said, I do think it might be time he dropped back to the twos. Hopefully it ups his confidence when he sees how easily he outclasses his opponents, and he starts to believe he belongs in the AFL.
    A bit of both really. He kept his opponent Walker to just 2 possies, but what sticks in everyone's mind is some of his turnovers.

outs , hall& grundy
    ins pyke or currie and bolton and do we need him never have we missed a player so much in recent times.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    A bit of both really. He kept his opponent Walker to just 2 possies, but what sticks in everyone's mind is some of his turnovers.
    Yes, and the turnovers were big clangers. From memory, at least 2 directly resulted in Crows goals. Others put his teammates under heaps of pressure. Over the last month, these are a common theme and not always a result of opposition pressure. I think he needs some time in the reserves to sort this out, otherwise all his good points are negated.

B: Bevan, Roberts-Thomson, Mattner
    HB: Shaw, Richards, Bolton
    C: Goodes, Kirk, Bird
    HF: Barlow, O?Keefe, R., Smith
    F: Hanneberry, White, O'Loughlin
    FOLL: Jolly, Jack, Bolton, J.
    Interchange: Brabazon, Dok, Veszpremi, Pyke

In: Bolton, Pyke, Dok, Hanneberry
    Out: Crouch, Hall, Thornton, Grundy

Hall - will be suspended

McVeigh - Dr Smooth seems to think Mcveigh will be out for a couple more a bit of a nasty ac joint

Currie - According to big footy ressies report Pyke smashed it this week and currie was average

Dok - in the best again for the ressies

Hanneberry - according to big footy was best on in the reserves give him a go while he's on school holidays cant go worse than jack watts

Mal needs another couple of weeks for the confidence

this team may be a bit short on small defenders or defensive mid fielders though