Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Is any of this true? Barry Hall maybe forced to retire by Roos /Or will he quit?

Goes up to 11
    [QUOTE=Wardy;446593]Oh please - if he is available to play - and he is in the best 22, which he is by a country mile, then if Roos doesnt pick him ,then all Roos is doing is cutting off his nose to spite his face.

Its one thing to be in the best 22, which he clearly is, and another to act in an appropriate way when on the field. If he cannot act in the manner in which the coach and his teammates expect, then its up to the Swans administration to decide whether there is a place in the team for him in future. Its not all about talent, but about actions and attitude as well.

Its a shame, as he's been great for us for a good number of years, but all good (and big bad things as well) must come to an end at some stage.

Senior Player
    I reckon that Hall has already been given the push and that they are giving him the opportunity to say he doesn't want t play at the Swans rather than say he was sacked. This way he can go to another club if there is one available. I do not think he will play another game for the Swans - he is gone!

He'll play out this year at the Swans. It's next year that is the question.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Back, strapped and intact dread and might's Avatar

Hall says leaving is an option

Sorry if posted elsewhere
    could now be the right time for me finish up at the Swans? By that I don't mean retirement. I mean walk away from the club, not footy. It could give me a break I might benefit from, and freshen me up for a crack with a new club next season,
    source

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfn...127636009.html

Surely the end is nigh.
    I wish my weed was EMO so it would cut itself

On the veteran's list
    Delaying the decision on Hall is classic disciplinary strategy - straight out of psychology 101. As an ex-deputy principal, I used this ploy all the time. "See me before class tomorrow morning because I need a bit of time to decide if this school is really the best place for you". Let the kid sweat it out for a while and have a good think about how things are really getting serious.

Baz will be in the team, but not before he realises he's really hanging by a thread.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Just listening to MMM, talking about Hall.

Sam Newman just said Roos is the best coach in the comp?!?
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Barry can stay if he spends a year in the ruck.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Are you quoting Robert Walls?

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Are you quoting Robert Walls?
    No.
    Walls is more than likely quoting me.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Just listening to MMM, talking about Hall.

Sam Newman just said Roos is the best coach in the comp?!?
    Sheedy has always commented that Roos is the best coach in the league...

As far cas Hally goes, i think you will find he play out the year and as per previously next year will be determined at end fo the season.
    I think we need him next year as realistically we have no-one to fill the void with Micky O going, unless we pull something out of the trade week...

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    The decision as to whether Barry plays on doesn't rest with either the club, leadership group or Roosey as they have all clearly stated they would like to see Barry continue next year if Hall wants to.

It is up to Barry now and it will be made by his actions over the next 9 weeks.

Train hard over the next 2 weeks, play well but fair over the last 7 games and then accept a contract that can be terminated by the club at their discretion next year and he will be given one more year.

DST
    In hindsight, this is clearly dribble.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718