Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Playing AFL - Sydney - North Shore

On the Rookie List
    Forget playing for North Shore. They are not interested in new/old/ or young players that are not instant premiership players. If you just want to play footy go to any of the other clubs but not north shore.
    There is no spoon

In all honesty, this message board is nothing but detrimental to footy in sydney.

A guy gets on and asks a simple question of where to play and he gets almost 2 pages of negative drivel (barr a few helpful posts)

IMO this entire forum should be locked untill every member can have their identity verified. Only then would we have serious and beneficial debate about sydney footy rather than a site full of rubbish.

As for where to play in Sydney - best you do your own research. Check websites, ask around but DONT READ THIS FORUM!

If this forum is as bad as you make out why don't you take your own advice and don't read it

Almost Football Legend
    To Dylan, best advice I can give you is to check the Clubs section on the Sydney AFL website. You'll get some details on each of the clubs; and some contact details for clubs in your area.
    Best thing you can do is make a few phone calls, talk to people at the clubs and make your own decision where you'd best fit in - depends on your personal circumstances, and what may be the best club for one person may not be the best club for another.
    Good luck.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Quote Originally Posted by boris View Post
    If this forum is as bad as you make out why don't you take your own advice and don't read it
    I read it for a laugh - and most of the tripe that is associated with your "name" is some of the funniest.

I certainly wouldnt read it for advice or reliable information.

Quote Originally Posted by northernspy View Post
    In all honesty, this message board is nothing but detrimental to footy in sydney.

A guy gets on and asks a simple question of where to play and he gets almost 2 pages of negative drivel (barr a few helpful posts)

IMO this entire forum should be locked untill every member can have their identity verified. Only then would we have serious and beneficial debate about sydney footy rather than a site full of rubbish.

As for where to play in Sydney - best you do your own research. Check websites, ask around but DONT READ THIS FORUM!
    Quote Originally Posted by northernspy View Post
    I read it for a laugh - and most of the tripe that is associated with your "name" is some of the funniest.

I certainly wouldnt read it for advice or reliable information.
    Sorry but i wouldnt imagine that your real name is Northernspy

So all everyone on here does is bag everyone from other clubs, so you come on here bagging other posters about them doing it, makes sense
    The edge is not the limit, It's just the starting point...

Just playing this ridiculous game

it can be fun
    :

Quote Originally Posted by Remember Me View Post
    Cant believe you havnt been contacted already..By East Coast Eagles..They want everyone in sydney playing for them, will pay big bucks too!!! even if you cant get a kick, Reputation is enough. and of course must be computer literate and able to concentrate on long video nights.(Of bull@@@@)
    remember me, people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones, have it on good authority, that the blues pay quite handsomely?

I dont think anyone on this forum would deny east coast pay players, along with easts, dockers, pennant hills and other clubs in seasons past however, to pass one we are only club that does would be a lie.

I thought wasnt appropriate to pass on players names on here, however this source from within c/town has provided a bit of information which shows , if true show there are some good funds being paid there too.

A big spend to finish 5th (Lucky it is now a final 5) and they will have to recruit another 5 or 6 minimum next year to cover this years recruits if they leave or next year at best. Unfortunately they have little depth with the reserves struggling in 2nd division and an U18 team that is almost back to being unable to field a full team.

Reality of this Remember me is that whilst it is good to knock clubs who do pay, look in your back yard too, also look at the lower levels of your club which arent getting attention, at least most of the clubs i mentioned above including east coast have some depth to go with there spending.

North shore too whilst not known for player payments, have a better junior system and reserves than c/town.

No doubt will fuel the fire there, but I think it is unfair to state one club is only spending funds when this is not the case.
    Last edited by Norris Lurker; 15th July 2009 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Sorry Etta, on closer reflection I don't think I can keep detailed financial numbers on the forum.
    :

... the most disturbing thing about what has happened at C'town is not that their Magoos get belted by 20 + goals regularly, but that they cant fill an u/18's team every week!!

... their junior comp, in probably one of the largest catchment areas in Sydney for junior sport, has shrunk embarrassingly to about 3 clubs, and none of them has more than 4 teams!!

But hey, their senior side will play finals this year, and they can get away with charging $5 to get into their ground ... so they must be doing something right!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by unconfuseme View Post
    ... the most disturbing thing about what has happened at C'town is not that their Magoos get belted by 20 + goals regularly, but that they cant fill an u/18's team every week!!

... their junior comp, in probably one of the largest catchment areas in Sydney for junior sport, has shrunk embarrassingly to about 3 clubs, and none of them has more than 4 teams!!

But hey, their senior side will play finals this year, and they can get away with charging $5 to get into their ground ... so they must be doing something right!
    Is it Campbelltowns responsiblity to improve the junior participation rates bearing in mind the AFL has paid empoyees who are suposed to doing just that?

Almost Football Legend
    Etta's numbers may be correct, maybe not - but anyone who's been on this board for any length of time knows that there have been some bull@@@@ numbers thrown around for player payments in the past.
    And even if the numbers are correct, I'm not entirely comfortable with seeing a club's player payment schedules posted on here.

Anyway, can we get the discussion back to finding a club for Dylan. Otherwise I'll be forced to perform lockage.
    Last edited by Norris Lurker; 15th July 2009 at 10:26 AM.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast