Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Playing AFL - Sydney - North Shore

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    Is it Campbelltowns responsiblity to improve the junior participation rates bearing in mind the AFL has paid empoyees who are suposed to doing just that?
    Make an interesting point there tara. I believe it's both. Certainly the AFL have a role to play but often they are focussed on things that may not be the same priority for senior clubs (i.e. Auskickers versus partication in high schools), and of course for the club to attract local juniors they must create a profile in the local community with ideally the first port of call surely being the local junior clubs.

Some senior clubs do it better than others and it will often depend on the staff/coaches involved and they of course change from year to year. And of course with resources for senior clubs thin on the ground prioritise time with junior clubs is a fair way down the to do list. As someone involved in junior footy for the last 10 years I would love to see more involvement from our associated senior club. The AFL will even fund senior club players (albeit to a very small extent) to conduct clinics with junior clubs and at schools.

Senior Player

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by floppinab View Post
    Make an interesting point there tara. I believe it's both. Certainly the AFL have a role to play but often they are focussed on things that may not be the same priority for senior clubs (i.e. Auskickers versus partication in high schools), and of course for the club to attract local juniors they must create a profile in the local community with ideally the first port of call surely being the local junior clubs.

Some senior clubs do it better than others and it will often depend on the staff/coaches involved and they of course change from year to year. And of course with resources for senior clubs thin on the ground prioritise time with junior clubs is a fair way down the to do list. As someone involved in junior footy for the last 10 years I would love to see more involvement from our associated senior club. The AFL will even fund senior club players (albeit to a very small extent) to conduct clinics with junior clubs and at schools.

I cant talk for Town (although I dont know they have had Auskick at half time at at least one of the home games) but in the past three years we have had fairly heavy involvement with our junior clubs - we do not receive reimbursement for this - we have received as you say a small amount of funding for being involved in school clinics though.

Unfortunately the junior participation rates that are reported for the South Western Region may be somewhat inflated when you consider how poorly many of the local clubs are fairing at present with their numbers.

Given the limited resources available to local clubs I believe that most are doing what can be reasonably expected of them therefore it stands to reason that those paid to promote the game at a junior level up here are failing or have another agenda that they are working towards

Quote Originally Posted by Etta View Post
    remember me, people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones, have it on good authority, that the blues pay quite handsomely?

I dont think anyone on this forum would deny east coast pay players, along with easts, dockers, pennant hills and other clubs in seasons past however, to pass one we are only club that does would be a lie.

I thought wasnt appropriate to pass on players names on here, however this source from within c/town has provided a bit of information which shows that , if true show there are some good funds being paid there too.
    A big spend to finish 5th (Lucky it is now a final 5) and they will have to recruit another 5 or 6 minimum next year to cover this years recruits if they leave or next year at best. Unfortunately they have little depth with the reserves struggling in 2nd division and an U18 team that is almost back to being unable to field a full team.

Reality of this Remember me is that whilst it is good to knock clubs who do pay, look in your back yard too, also look at the lower levels of your club which arent getting attention, at least most of the clubs i mentioned above including east coast have some depth to go with there spending.

North shore too whilst not known for player payments, have a better junior system and reserves than c/town.

No doubt will fuel the fire there, but I think it is unfair to state one club is only spending funds when this is not the case.
    Dont know who your source is Etta, but unfortunately for you and any credibility you may have had he is completely off the mark with these figures. There is no-one at our club on $400 a game and there certainly isnt 6 more on $200 a game. Oh and by the way that is a fact cause i have seen ,if not signed all the contracts and have a copy of all player payments on my computer.
    Last edited by Norris Lurker; 15th July 2009 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Refer to edited post
    The edge is not the limit, It's just the starting point...

Quote Originally Posted by dylan.lindgren View Post
    Hey all,

I have no idea if I'm posting this in the right forum,
    Obviously not

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by tara View Post
    therefore it stands to reason that those paid to promote the game at a junior level up here are failing or have another agenda that they are working towards
    Could talk for a month about that one but suffice to say I agree wholeheartedly!!!

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Pace To Burn View Post
    Dont know who your source is Etta, but unfortunately for you and any credibility you may have had he is completely off the mark with these figures. There is no-one at our club on $400 a game and there certainly isnt 6 more on $200 a game. Oh and by the way that is a fact cause i have seen ,if not signed all the contracts and have a copy of all player payments on my computer.
    Thats sad if no one at CT is on $400 per game. Sad for the state of the league. IMO this would mean the league really is a basket case and has retarded by 20 years.

I think Etta's "good authority" is well off the mark too. Agree with PTB from my "good authority".
    A couple of players I know are getting "two figure" payments....ot that is what they claimed at the time. And I am pretty sure they weren't claiming that figure for tax purposes.

I tyhink that some of those figeres thrown around are well over estimated! when i sounded out clubs at the beging of the year about playing in Ssydney,, the best offer I got was around $150 a game plus petrl money. now to repect to Cambelltown I didnt aproach them because of the proximity to the unit I own but I couldbnt image they'd be to much highr than ball park figures that I got from at least 3 other clubs. At the end of the day I;d rather stay where i am in Nelson bay (north or Necastle) cause its an easier legue and so easy to samsh it up and to play with mates. anything that Sydney clubs can offer fpor plsayers only (ie not a player coach) is preaty much small change to me snf i guess few other guys who no what there doing

Bingo Pete,

I hope you were asking to be paid for your football ability and not your spelling.

Almost Football Legend
    I don't know if Bingo Peter was taking the piss - but I needed a good laugh, so thank you.

Follow me on Twitter - @tealfooty

Bingo Pete

Put some of that small change together and shout yourself a new keyboard.

you idits i dont care what you think about my speeling. I write form an iphone and some times mash th buttons with muy muscualr fingers and am too busy to care what twats like you think of me

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast