Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Brian Taylor HATES the Swans Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    He loves a little bit of @@@@@ stirring and some people here get shaken more than stirred by it.

I like the guy myself.
    I don't get why some people get so worked up about what commentators have to say. I also get sick of this "the media is all out to get us" crap.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have no issue with commentators critiquing skills, teams. What I don't like is when it is personal and not based in fact.

BTs initial sledge of Pyke was such that Dick Colless told Fox that they would not be welcome in Sydney's rooms. Now, as we know, not much rouses our President out in the open and to action.
    Since then, he makes a point of commenting on Pyke now like a smart arse fool. Not because he is prepared to defend why he had the view in the first, or he acknowedges that he crossed the line and might have actually been wrong.
    I'm sure he's a lovely bloke at home. That's where I wish he would stay on Thurs night.
    I definitely do not hold the view that the media is out to get us. On the whole I find that writers put forward their view and provide their evidence/thought process on how they arrived at that. I don't necessarily agree with it.

Anyone here know what an 'Agenda' is?

No idea what BT's agenda is, but as a player he was a scream. Talk about
    brainsnaps.

YouTube - AFL - Bryan Taylor goes nuts
    Last edited by ShockOfHair; 17th July 2009 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Doh!
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Great commentator and very funny bloke.

If you're offended by what he has to say about the Swans then you're clearly taking him and yourself too seriously.

Perhaps it is easier for those of us in Melbourne who get to hear him several times over the course of a weekend that understand and appreciate his style.

Claret
    And the man who started it all, the Schneiderman . . . . .

BT is a twit....but he's not alone with that mob. Chuck in Pickering, Dunstall, Mathew Campbell and Tony Shaw they are all parochial one-eyed shockers...

Although BT does seem more ignorant than even those I mentioned.

At least we had Healy today....nice change form the rubbish we usually get.
    "We talked five times. I called him twice, and he called me twice."

Eddie McGuire

....thanks for that clip tho....frickin hilarious

Eddie McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by Claret View Post

If you're offended by what he has to say about the Swans then you're clearly taking him and yourself too seriously.

Perhaps it is easier for those of us in Melbourne who get to hear him several times over the course of a weekend that understand and appreciate his style.

Claret
    Spot on Claret.
    Hes alright, not the worst by far
    Est 1874
    SMFC

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogzbody View Post
    BT is a twit....but he's not alone with that mob. Chuck in Pickering, Dunstall, Mathew Campbell and Tony Shaw they are all parochial one-eyed shockers...

Although BT does seem more ignorant than even those I mentioned.

At least we had Healy today....nice change form the rubbish we usually get.
    And most Swan supporters have an inferiority complex who define themselves by the fact the rest of the footy world is out to get them.

Personally I think it?s the parochialism that keeps things fun and interesting.

....problem is with parochial types is the possibility of effective evaluation of the game is compromised. Commentary is meant to be just that.....a nice garnish to the main meal, it is not meant to detract attention from what is happening on the field.

When I find myself frustrated by poor commentary (ie parochial "look/listen-to-me) type stuff it's like garnishing a wagu-fed sirloin with coca-cola.

I personally don't want to hear pro-swans commentary for that exact reason. Which is why Grybas, Commetti, Healy.....(even Alistair Lynch and Dermi) are/were quite good for that...they simply make their comments from what they see....

Eddie McGuire

Quote Originally Posted by Claret View Post

Claret
    That's right. I think he's really good value, although I can see that those who aren't used to him might take him too seriously.

Samantha Lane must be reading about our gripes regarding the ignorance of the media. She has put together an article today about roos and the up and comers. (I dont know how to insert the link but its on the age website.)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast