Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Swans can still find September" ROK

Quote Originally Posted by reigning premier View Post
    Pointless exercise anyway.... Unless you're top 4, forget it.

The top 8 is a conspiracy by the AFL to make sure that get as many desperate fans, from as many 2nd rate teams (Swans included), to depart with even more money at the end of the season. Why have a top four or five when you can double the amount of games in the finals series?
    Yep. And a final 8 keeps the "season" alive for more teams longer, which in turn supports the draft and the priority pick.

If I remember correctly, Adelaide is the only team to win a premiership from outside the top 4, and that was during the years when they had the pointless finals series where 1v8, 2v7 etc in the first week.

Finals should be a reward for excellence, not a reward for mediocrity. It is possible that teams can make the finals with 11 wins. Thats not excellence.

I've always thought it should be a final 5 and nothing else, but that wont happen.

McVeigh has come out with similar sentiments.

Finals still on McVeigh's agenda - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans

If we make finals it will be a major achievement - the first time a team with less than 7 wins after 15 rounds has made the final 8.

If we were a team decimated with injuries to top line players who are back in the team and finally starting to show some form I would share their optimism but facts are we have probably had near our best 22 on the park for most of the season and we still look like an 11th placed team.

Take out Hall and we complete the year without our best forward so dream on kiddies, whites not going to kick eight in firsts each week and the only useful true forward in the team at the moment is Oloughlin.

It nice to see the senior players are optimistic but best to forget finals and start playing with next year in mind (ie play the team that roos thinks will be his 22 come mid next year).

Veterans List
    For the last 3 weeks one of our players has come out with this line. Sounds like they are trying to disguise the fact that we are officially tanking.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    For the last 3 weeks one of our players has come out with this line. Sounds like they are trying to disguise the fact that we are officially tanking.
    There was an article about Jack a few days ago, he said that he is driven to make the finals.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    There was an article about Jack a few days ago, he said that he is driven to make the finals.
    Sounds pretty orchestrated, but we are way off the radar down here, and because they all think we have ageing legs they will never pick it up.

Blog Entries

I wish I was as optimistic as ROK and McVeigh...
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12