Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Swans can still find September" ROK

"Swans can still find September" ROK

Good to see RO'K is still positive!

Swans can still find September - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans

If Geelong can lose 2 in a row, we're still a chance and I hope Roosey doesn't give up until it's mathematically impossible.

On the Rookie List
    Pfft turn it up Ryan. The way we played against a definite 5th-8th place side like Essendon shows we are no chance to make the 8. I'd like my words to be eaten up and quoted by someone in week 1 of the finals but I don't see it coming!

This season will see us finish around 11th place. We will win by "reasonable" margins and lose by similar. The cats were beaten by 43 vs Lions and 86 vs Pies in 08 yet our biggest losing margin in 5 years was 51 odd points against Geelong @ Skilled. I think that masks a pretty deep issue.

Regular in the Side
    It would be a miracle. They need at least 5 wins.

Wins 1. and 2.
    They should win against Melbourne and Richmond.

Win 3.
    Carlton have not beaten the Swans for nearly 10 years. The Blues are very hot and cold. The atmosphere of the Hall of Fame occasion may lift

Win 4.
    An upset win St Kilda would in a round-about way, repeat their 2004 victory against the Saints. Round 11 that year St Kilda were undefeated (10-0 plus 4 pre seasons wins), but were getting mentally tired. They even had to go to the movies that week rather than training. They faced a fresh and 'nothing to lose' Swans on a glorious sunny Sunday afternoon, (which also marked the 5th anniversary of Plugger's record goal). The rest is history, (including THAT mark by Nick Riewodt).

Win 5.
    Round 22 at home against an inexperienced Brisbane who haven't travelled all that well this year. The last time Sydney lost a home Round 22 Princess Diana was still allive, (it was 1997 and she died the next day).

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Good to see RO'K is still positive!

If i was on his money i would be positive as well.
    Bevo bandwagon driver

Senior Player
    Well the commentators say Hawthorn can still make it so if they can we can even if after today they are 4 points up on us.

The only way the Swans will find September this year is waking up the morning after the 31st August!

Regular in the Side
    The draft is in September ??

Yeah I still think we can make it. We will need to get some younger players in their though. DOK and White need to play to add space and options in the forward line. Bucchanan needs to play to add pace, and although his skills aren't great, he gives it his all and is one of our strong tacklers and could help us win the clearances. Crouch can't play anymore same with Ablett, though Mal stays in so he can get used to senior footy (no point dominating ressies).
    Richmond and Melbourne are very beatable, we play well against Brisbane in Sydney so I rate our chances and Carlton are up and down. I can see us beating one of Collingwood (we have improved against them) or ST Kilda (always a tough clash) and if by some fluke, Geelong suffer another horror run of injuries as shock win is on the table. We will need to win all our games leading up to the Saints, and well, to get some momentum, and if we beat them, who knows, we could beat Geelong. U gotta have the faith

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by connolly View Post
    If i was on his money i would be positive as well.
    well said

no chance now...we simply can't match it!

Needed to win on the weekend...the best thing that can happen now is we can play the kids (some of which look like they will be very good) Craig Bird I reckon is a superstar in the making!

We will need to knock off top 4 teams to make it, and even then it will be a percentage contest which we will lose (for 8th spot).

Swallow the pill now folks, that way the footy will be much more enjoyable for the rest of the year!!
    "We talked five times. I called him twice, and he called me twice."

Eddie McGuire

I found September!!!!

It's after 31 August on my desk calendar.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Pointless exercise anyway.... Unless you're top 4, forget it.

The top 8 is a conspiracy by the AFL to make sure that get as many desperate fans, from as many 2nd rate teams (Swans included), to depart with even more money at the end of the season. Why have a top four or five when you can double the amount of games in the finals series?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast