Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hannebery In this Week? Yes!

Goes up to 11
    Its also online on smh.com.au

Good luck to the kid

The restaurant at the end of the universe
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    I must say that I reckon the club has got it right in most cases - people were calling for Jesse White last year. When he did make his debut, he clearly wasn't ready so he went back to the reserves after a couple of games. Can't explain why he didn't play against Essendon though
    Apparantly was down with flu all week. He should get flu every week if he is going to come out and kick 12!

I'm looking forward to White playing CHF and not just pinch hitting in the ruck. On more than one occasion this year I've thought he moves more like Pavlich when attacking.
    We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    There'll be a riot if White is left out this week.

But if he and McVeigh come in and Pyke stays, who gets the drop?

Ablett? Melcho?

If 50-possessions Buchy is back in form he has to get promoted.

I can't wait to see who is in the team this week, or make that who is not. As you say, McVeigh in, White in, also Hannebery and possibly Buchanan in, which would mean 4 out. If they actually do play the younger ones to gain experience, Pyke and Smith should stay in. What an interesting dilemma that would make!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    I can't wait to see who is in the team this week, or make that who is not. As you say, McVeigh in, White in, also Hannebery and possibly Buchanan in, which would mean 4 out. If they actually do play the younger ones to gain experience, Pyke and Smith should stay in. What an interesting dilemma that would make!
    Can't see how Smith can retain his spot if they bring in McVeigh and Hannebury. On form, Malceski may be the other to miss.

Ablett seems to be the obvious one to drop out for White, since Ablett was in as a forward last year.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Can't see how Smith can retain his spot if they bring in McVeigh and Hannebury. On form, Malceski may be the other to miss.

Ablett seems to be the obvious one to drop out for White, since Ablett was in as a forward last year.
    If White is in for Ablett, then another tall will have to come out given that Pyke came in for McVeigh.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    If White is in for Ablett, then another tall will have to come out given that Pyke came in for McVeigh.
    Richards??
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Warming the Bench Cant turn right's Avatar
    Bring on 5 o'clock!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffers1984 View Post
    Richards??
    I hope so. Has played forward over the last two weeks - with White coming back and Carlton not having an overly potent and tall forward line, they might decide that he's not required this week.
    Last edited by Plugger46; 16th July 2009 at 05:24 PM.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Not necessarily. You could argue that we went in short against North (losing both White and Hall). Last week partly reinstated the height (ie Pyke for White's old role). Bringing in White this week (to Hall's old role) would just get the balance back to where it was before the North game.

Hannebury definately playing this weekend

Roos has announced that Hannebury will definately play his first game this weekend . Good luck to the young bloke!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    You're probably right but I've heard Roos say on more than one occasion that they use the first year as a 'settling in year'.

I must say that I reckon the club has got it right in most cases - people were calling for Jesse White last year. When he did make his debut, he clearly wasn't ready so he went back to the reserves after a couple of games. Can't explain why he didn't play against Essendon though
    Pretty hard to judge his ability on 5 minutes a game.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast