Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: richards out for season

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin View Post
    Some players are aware of what is happening around them and what the state of the game is. Teddy isn't. We all admire him for his courage but I'm not sure if some more aware players would have done such a thing in such a situation.
    Any player worth his salt isn't going to back out of a contest for fear of getting hurt just because the game is nearly over regardless of what is on the scoreboard.

If he had you'd probably be on here bagging him out for being soft

Quote Originally Posted by Will Sangster View Post
    Any player worth his salt isn't going to back out of a contest for fear of getting hurt just because the game is nearly over regardless of what is on the scoreboard.

Spot on!

Don't assume what I would have done, especially as you would be wrong.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin View Post
    Don't assume what I would have done, especially as you would be wrong.
    Maybe - but i have no doubt it would have been mentioned by someone

Maybe - but i have no doubt it would have been mentioned by someone
    Probably, but you can't help some people!

On the Rookie List
    Bloody Fevola....lifted his knee as he went into the contest and that's what seemed to cause all the damage to SuperTed. Surely it was reckless looking at the outcome. Later on Craig Bolton copped a Fevola boot to the head. Fev seemed genuinely concerned and tried to help Bolts up but really, he couldn't have done more damage to our players if he'd gone around swinging a baseball bat.
    Run2Live,Live2Run

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by GoSouth33 View Post
    Bloody Fevola....lifted his knee as he went into the contest and that's what seemed to cause all the damage to SuperTed. Surely it was reckless looking at the outcome. Later on Craig Bolton copped a Fevola boot to the head. Fev seemed genuinely concerned and tried to help Bolts up but really, he couldn't have done more damage to our players if he'd gone around swinging a baseball bat.
    ROK managed to get rid of two Pies players in the round 12 game - one just before half-time and one later on. Didn't help us much!

Thumbs up

Ted Richards = guts and determination.

To get up and walk off after that hit was very impressive.

Warming the Bench
    I concur with all those who are defending Teddy for his effort. If I was marking the full forward, I'd be expecting those around to do their job to help me out right up until the final siren, whatever the scoreline.

On another point.... Sorry if I'm rehashing old ground from elsewhere on the forum but Fevola's kick to Bolton's head.... Fev received praise for checking that he was ok on OTC last night...

The way I saw it, there seemed to be a pretty clear snap of the lower leg. I didn't see it as being an accident at all.... Does anyone else share this view?

Quote Originally Posted by Vonsteinman View Post
    On another point.... Sorry if I'm rehashing old ground from elsewhere on the forum but Fevola's kick to Bolton's head.... Fev received praise for checking that he was ok on OTC last night...

The way I saw it, there seemed to be a pretty clear snap of the lower leg. I didn't see it as being an accident at all.... Does anyone else share this view?
    I agree.

It seemed to me Fev had a 'WTF have I done' look about it and was instantly remorseful.

If it was a complete accident, I doubt that Fev would have even known he had kicked him in the head, he would have just stood up and walked back to take the kick.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I agree.

It seemed to me Fev had a 'WTF have I done' look about it and was instantly remorseful.

If it was a complete accident, I doubt that Fev would have even known he had kicked him in the head, he would have just stood up and walked back to take the kick.
    Well I was wondering if anyone else was going to be as ungenerous as myself, so didn't say anything. But I did wonder if he hurt Bolts considerably more than he meant to. Anyway even if the act wasn't in the best of spirit, at least the apology was.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Vonsteinman View Post
    I concur with all those who are defending Teddy for his effort. If I was marking the full forward, I'd be expecting those around to do their job to help me out right up until the final siren, whatever the scoreline.

The same thought crossed my mind at the time.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast