Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts On The 2009 Sydney Afl Representative Team To Play Canberra Afl On The W/e

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeEmmAre View Post
    Not necessarily the match of the round, but it is being considered for most of the TV games to be played at Blacktown - it will be as even spread of Blacktown matches for all teams as possible.
    While I enjoy going to all grounds around Sydney to call, I'd be lying if I said it wouldn't be much more convenient at Blacktown.
    Not to mention the ground itself is condusive to improving the quality of the football we'd be viewing.

Just got back from a business trip os, great win by the boys. What were your thoughts BMR on the game and best players?
    The only All Australian captain charged with glassing

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Duck View Post
    Just got back from a business trip os, great win by the boys. What were your thoughts BMR on the game and best players?
    I think the report on the Sydney AFL website summed the match up very well.
    Sydney got as much of the ball in the first 15 or 20 minutes as Canberra but wasted it with poor kicking around the ground and at goal - Gus Seebeck dominated All Australian full back Michael Ghobriel but couldn't kick straight, missing five shots from inside 30m, with only one not being a set shot.
    Trailing 5.0 to 0.3, Sydney soon took over around the ground and were in control for the rest of the day.
    It took until the last quarter to take control on the scoreboard, but once they took the lead they never really looked like losing.
    The skill level of both teams had its moments with some fantastic passages of play, including a screamer by Canberra's Dean Roulstone, who was brilliant (especially early), but there was also a lot of ordinary stuff with both teams overusing the ball and making simple errors under not much pressure.
    I'm happy with Sydney's top six in the article, although A Richardson, Shaw, Wilson, Seebeck all could have easily been added.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

On the Rookie List
    Duck, I noticed the fantastic photo's on the Sydney AFL website as well. Between the players and the support crew, there must not be many people left in Sydney footy who did not get a gig at this event
    nigh on

Had a look at the photos, pretty impressive. In regards to the support crew, he was at East Coast, that probably explained it!
    The only All Australian captain charged with glassing

Had a look at the photos, pretty impressive. In regards to the support crew, he was at East Coast, that probably explained it!
    Wow... didnt see that one coming !

Quote Originally Posted by Adroit View Post
    Duck, I noticed the fantastic photo's on the Sydney AFL website as well. Between the players and the support crew, there must not be many people left in Sydney footy who did not get a gig at this event
    Just out of curiousity - what was the theme song sung at the end of the game when we won?????

On the Rookie List
    Macho Men - Village People.

carlton blues theme i think i heard
    :

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    I reckon i know where you're from now. The "we're propping up Sydney Uni & East Coast" smacks of the local boys. If you are from Riff, its a shame blokes like DLH have to put up with your crap. Or maybe i'm wrong. Either way, step up champ, it wont hurt you. But i will.
    Doubt it mate, not to many computer literate blokes who can afford an internet connection amongst our guys

Looking good in both grades Pekay, do you think you're a show?

Quote Originally Posted by DLH View Post
    Doubt it mate, not to many computer literate blokes who can afford an internet connection amongst our guys

Looking good in both grades Pekay, do you think you're a show?
    You are probably right, but it seems he has stopped carrying on after i posted that.
    We will put a big show in mate, our seniors have clicked over the last month, we have the Dogs measure, our fitness is incredible at the moment. We destroyed Moorebank on saturday, who were no mugs at all, they are a very strong team, and we had a few out, as they did as well, but our running game coming into the last few rounds will be the difference. We're missing our ful forward, out for a month now, and he's still 3rd on the goals, so will be handy to get him back in mid august. I can't even push in yet (coz i'm hopeless!)
    And our twos, just getting better, had 15 first choice blokes out on saturday, and two blokes played their first games on the weekend, both local juniors, Brad Cross, who was named Player Of Carnival in the National 18s a few years back, he's struggled with injuries the last few years but carved up in his return, and Mark Hibbins, who played a bit with St Marys and Wanderers in the NTFL recently while posted to Darwin. Got about 6 more to come back in this week, and killing it for us is a former Sturt player who is involved with polo down the road, so he's loving the club. We'll get all players and team balance right by mid august, and hope the stars align, but the twos may have to go through the long way (if they make finals at all, its a log jam from 2nd to 5th) but i am very confident in both grades on big grounds of BPR & BOP for finals.
    And it looks like we'll be flying the flag for non-uni teams in Div 3 and 4, so hoping for some support from the likes of Penrith, Moorebank, Parra etc!!!
    And a great result for your magoos on saturday, and the ones as well, i noticed not many backed up from 2s, very encouraging!

(and i haven't revealed any secrets in my posts above, take from it what you will!)

I checked with all the Penrith players and supporters and both of them denied being or knowing Doormat.
    My tips have been OK lately. Even tipped all and sundry two weeks ago that Penno would knock off the comp leaders, Power in the Challenge Cup. Pity Betfair doesn't operate on these events. And as soon as Penno forfeited against Penrith in the 18's on Saturday, UTS were always going to get done by the Rams in Div 4. I know it's easy to post after the event, so I have another tip for this week. If Manly 18's forfeit against Penrith this week in the 18's, the Wolves season in Div 4 is over.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast