Thread: Demetriou wants bad Barry back

Demetriou wants bad Barry back

Demetriou wants bad Barry back - RFNews - realfooty.com.au

George Orwell would be proud of Andy's doublespeak in this article!

On Hall - it's hard (near impossible) to believe he wants Hall to ever grace a field again. Certainly he and his rules committee did him (and other forwards) no favours over the years, and let's not get started again on how Hally was treated differently to other players (as openly acknowledged by the head of the umpiring department).

On toughness in the game, if he feels that way, then the message hasn't filtered through to the AFL "empire". Maybe he remembers writing the memo, but forgot that it remains unsigned on his desk.

The rules committee and all the umpiring changes have conspired to put a lot of tiggy touchwood into the game. The toughness still in the game (and there is plenty out there, just ask Teddy!) is there in spite of the AFL, not because of anything it has done.

SF1972, i agree 100%.

The hypocrisy in that article is staggering

@@@@ing hypocritical dickhead.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Was listening to SEN today and they were discussing how the hands in the back interpretation appears to have been repealed by the AFL.

I smell consipiracy!
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    Was listening to SEN today and they were discussing how the hands in the back interpretation appears to have been repealed by the AFL.

I smell consipiracy!
    Not in the Richmond North game on Sunday, there was plenty of decisions paid for HITB.

Reading the SMH it seems the bulldogs might be prepared to take Andy up on that offer.

Personally I think its disgraceful that the media and the AFL itself essentially force the Swans hand on Bazza and then give him a couple of weeks away and then look to welcome him back to the heartland with open arms.

The core issue wasnt between Hall and the Club , it was forced to became that, but the root cause was Halls alleged "shaming" of the game in general. How does playing for another club solve that?

Well, if we used the "ex"-junkie as an example of what the AFL do to "people who have bought the AFL brand into disrepute", Barry will go to another team, get one more chance and blow it by Round 6 when he punches Kirky's lights out.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Well, if we used the "ex"-junkie as an example of what the AFL do to "people who have bought the AFL brand into disrepute", Barry will go to another team, get one more chance and blow it by Round 6 when he punches Kirky's lights out.
    I'd like to see that!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    I'd like to see that!
    Very philanthropic of you Rev

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    Very philanthropic of you Rev
    Some people take life far too seriously.

Suspended by the MRP
    Maybe Barry should come back and give Demetriou a "Staker Upper-Cut" ?

I'd like to see that too.