Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ROK's turn ...

Blog Entries

ROK's turn ...

Swan O'Keefe daring to dream about September - AFL.com.au

RYAN O'KEEFE says finals footy is still not out of the question for the Sydney Swans, who now sit four points out of the eight after Sunday's 18-point win over Melbourne in Canberra
    Deserves a

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    I thought he already had his turn a couple of weeks ago??

ROK's double dipping.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

What a @@@@wit. He should just STFU!

To make finals at the very least we have to win 4 of the last 5 games - and our opponents include StKilda, Geelong and Collingwood.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin View Post

To make finals at the very least we have to win 4 of the last 5 games - and our opponents include StKilda, Geelong and Collingwood.
    Charming, I'm sure.

OK, so it is far fetched, but to call a player who works his backside off a "@@@@wit" just because he hasn't yet given up all hope seems a tad unnecessary.

I'd rather the players play with a goal, however unlikely most see it as being attainable.
    Personally, I can't wait to see how we dominate the finals.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Charming, I'm sure.

OK, so it is far fetched, but to call a player who works his backside off a "@@@@wit" just because he hasn't yet given up all hope seems a tad unnecessary.
    I'm not commenting on how he plays his football. I'm commenting on what he said and that was quite stupid.

I'd rather the players just play and shut up.

What's the harm in keeping some fans interested for another week? We're not going to make it as we're not playing well enough but we're only one game out. I'd be disappointed if they weren't trying to win as many games as possible.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Fans can't be interested without holding out the unrealistic hope of making finals?
    When the same thing comes out week after week it becomes a tiresome.

In a town where there's only one team, what else do you think they're going to say to the media.

If the Swans were in Melbourne today ... the media would be talking to St Kilda.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Fans can't be interested without holding out the unrealistic hope of making finals?
    When the same thing comes out week after week it becomes a tiresome.
    I don't know, I'm still interested but I can't speak for everyone. While it's mathematically possible (one game out with five to play) I don't understand why it's a problem.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    I don't know, I'm still interested but I can't speak for everyone. While it's mathematically possible (one game out with five to play) I don't understand why it's a problem.
    I'm interested - and I was looking at the ladder this morning.

I find the "it's too hard, so all the players and fans should give up and accept defeat" depressing. Gen Y anyone? Two of my happiest moments from footy were beating "unbeatable" Port in a final and beating the unbeaten Saints at the SCG. In both cases, those victories seemed unlikely to lead to a premiership - the win was enough in itself.

How exciting would it be if we won this weekend? The team hasn't changed much from the one that beat the Blues and Hawks this year - and we certainly know the Saints' coaching plan. That might be blind optimism but if I wasn't hoping we'd make a good showing I can't see why I'd bother to make the trip to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    I don't think it's a problem. It's just quite silly really. Even saying they are just concentrating on this week only makes more sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast