Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Changes versus St Kilda

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    What YOUTH are in danger of burn out?....more like frozen out. "They need to be eased into it" No..they need to be exposed to it..It is, after all, what they were drafted to do, not farting around in the Canberra league.
    There aren't many players running around, who haven't been in well beaten sides early in their careers. Has it been harmful to players developement?... To the contrary, seeing first hand how the best sides go about playing, is an invaluable lesson.
    Well, there you are at odds with P Roos who has said that, as a player, he has seen players brought in too underdeveloped and it has slowed or stopped their development. So either he's just looking after his mates or he's doing his job. Your call.

After saying that, I'm amazed that Luke is playing. He seemed hopeless last week but there have been games when I've thought that and Roos has singled him out as fulfilling the role required of him. Either we have no-one else to play or there is some secret role assigned to him by bigger footy brains than mine that I simply don't see from the stands.

I'm really, really hoping I see the Swans try hard for four quarters on Saturday. I haven't seen that this year so if they do and still get flattened I'll go home happy.

If they do and win, I'll stay around to party. Is there an after-party?

Regular in the Side
    Bugger director of coaching positions. With all the experts around here the Swans should get a panel of esteemed RWO posters to provide football advice and guidance to Roos.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    What YOUTH are in danger of burn out?....more like frozen out. "They need to be eased into it" No..they need to be exposed to it..It is, after all, what they were drafted to do, not farting around in the Canberra league.
    There aren't many players running around, who haven't been in well beaten sides early in their careers. Has it been harmful to players developement?... To the contrary, seeing first hand how the best sides go about playing, is an invaluable lesson.
    Spot on again! If the young players are in danger of burn out then maybe they are playing the wrong game. How weak are they? Weak coaching too. The reverse is true IMO.Older players need nursing and the only burning with the young players should be the burning up the track every chance they get.In fact older players (30+) are usually only still playing because they are superb at gaining possession and then disposing it accurately.They don't have to run the lines because they handball or kick to a young runner to do this for them.Not every player has to do everything ,its a team game and the role for the young players is to be ball carriers with their pace and fitness.If they burn out during some games its a great learning experience to pace themselves better next time.They MUST be played and I believe the Swans are making a major mistake playing Ablett and Crouch. This will hold back our development next year.
    On the other point I saw Michael Voss as an 18 year old play in teams that regularly got thrashed.Didn't seem to do him any harm? You learn a lot about how to win by watching a good side thrash you.

They're trying to butter up Ablett so that he plays one helluva game and becomes good enough for trade bait
    "In some ways we?re less predictable to ourselves and sometimes that can be detrimental because we don?t really know where we?re going" - P.Roos

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Good team with both Crouch and Ablett in.

Playing youngsters against the Saints would be just too demoralising. Could make rookies think that they are totally incompetent and might as well look for another job.

Best to get smashed and blame it on too old, too slow players that are at the end of their careers.

Wait till next year.
    Good Point!

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaun.. View Post
    They're trying to butter up Ablett so that he plays one helluva game and becomes good enough for trade bait
    and every game he fails in just lowers and lowers his trade value.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Fair enough bring in Crouch but our major problem won't be containing St Kilda it will be scoring enough goals ourselves - so why not bring in Vez for Ablett?????!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sanford Wheeler 4 President!

Silver member, not Gold pinkemu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Bugger director of coaching positions. With all the experts around here the Swans should get a panel of esteemed RWO posters to provide football advice and guidance to Roos.
    Nooooooo!! Stop it! That thought sends shivers up my spine.
    Imagine Mondays game review at training.

Can understand Crouch coming in, with Milne and Schneider there but I can't understand Ablett's selection.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    At last! We are all just waiting for the call.....we all know much better about the inner sanctom and workings of the team than the coaches do.....however Roosy probably reads the site and does the opposite of our enlightened opinions.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Can understand Crouch coming in, with Milne and Schneider there but I can't understand Ablett's selection.
    I can, he is a big unit, doesn't break, will take them on, knows the game, has a thumping kick (even if a bit wayward) and come on folks, he is NOT that bad! He gives his all, he isn't brilliant but he has done brilliant things. He will be just fine in this game.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I can, he is a big unit yes, perhaps carrying a bit too much for a midfielder,

doesn't break well actually he's been out with illness/injury a bit this year,

will take them on ah no he wont which is the exact reason nobody wants him in the team,

knows the game take possession, jump on ball, force ball up. check,

has a thumping kick yes but rarely creates the option in space to use it, majority of his posessions are quick kicks out of packs that aren't directed to anyone in particular (even if a bit wayward)

and come on folks, he is NOT that bad see comments above!

He gives his all great Jason Cloke tried hard as well, we should recruit him,

he isn't brilliant but he has done brilliant things can you give just one example of a brilliant piece of play from Luke?.

He will be just fine in this game If your'e happy with 10 scrappy posessions from a midfielder.
    !!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast