Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kirk Considering Future....

I wouldn't be surprised to see him cut himself loose. No shame for him either. Greatest servant, loyallest club-man. Been a pleasure to watch his whole career. Sad to see him go if that's his choice.

Put him in an assistant coach role as soon as he decides to hang up his boots.

With what Kirk has achieved and brought to the club, whenever he decides to retire many clubs would jump at the chance for his services to help develop thier list

He's had a few off games this season, but he's still been better than most. He also seems to contribute so much as a leader and a clubman that it would be quite devastating to see him go, particularly in a year where we're already losing several icons.

His body is probably telling him to retire. THIS body is telling him Not Yet Kirky. One more year, even half a year, to pull the rest of them together without the major players leaving/left from 2009.

Then I want you to consider taking on an assistant coaching role (you are doing it anyway, so why not). With the Swans that is, don't you dare consider any other place!!!!
    Except perhaps the under 7s in the local league, I can live with that.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    He's still a pretty effective mid, but another full season? I don't know, but I'm confident he will and will decide what's best for the team.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by pinkemu View Post
    It's Footy not a peep show BA
    That's disgusting.

I love it.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Big shoes that can't be filled for a few years. He is probably concerned that he doesn't want to bow out of the game the way Leo Barry is......

Just occurred to me that Kirk is unlikely to announce his retirement the same week Micky O plays his 300th, it would take some of the emphasis away from the big game

I hope so anyway-really do not want to loose Kirky

I hope he does go out on top at the end of this year.
    "As a player he simply should not have been able to do the things he did. Leo was a 185cm, 88kg full-back and played on some of the biggest, fastest and best full-forwards of all time, and constantly beat them." Roos.
    Leo Barry? you star! We'll miss ya, ''Leapin''.

On the veteran's list
    He's still got time left in him. He didn't start getting smashed around until a much later age than most traditionally do. He can't get any slower and his kicking can't get any shorter but he still can find the pill and he stops other blokes from getting it.

PS - Looks like Leo may be back this week (according to website)
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Makes way for Duck Butt to be a co-captain.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Makes way for Duck Butt to be a co-captain.
    I reckon your beloved McHack will get that.
    The club are "making him an offer he can't refuse".

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast