Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Kirk Considering Future....

Quote Originally Posted by Tuhob View Post
    can you download from rapidshare? if so, I'll upload it to my rapidshare account
    Not sure. Don't want to risk it. I can download torrents, but if I do, my internet gets cut off. Same for Limewire, etc. It's already happened once, if it happened again I don't think I could convince them to turn it back on.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Senior Player
    Wow BSA...what provider do you use?

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I think that is about the best interview of a footballer I have ever seen. Brett Kirk is such an articulate person and evrything he said flowed naturally and was from the heart.

You hear people talk about leadership but they really have no idea what the word means. The way he talked about attitude, desire, understanding others, being strong on the history of the club, strengths and weaknesses etc. and above all when he talked about empowering others around him, and his desire to be there with the next group of players coming through, really epotimised the characteristics of a true leader. The way he spoke and how his career evolved showed to me that he knows he is a good leader, has great empathy with people and has a genuine passion to leave his mark (good traits) on others.
    I agree. What an intelligent and thoroughly decent human being. It's no wonder that Brett Kirk is so highly regarded by people. He doesn't just espouse theories, he lives by his own code.

Leadership skills like his are invaluable and the Swans would surely have a plan in mind for him. Coaching would be an ideal role - inspiring the younger players and teaching them how to play to their strengths and weaknesses.

Mike Sheehan conducted an excellent interview and Kirky was the ideal interviewee. I love that his aims included being the best father and husband he could be.

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Not sure. Don't want to risk it. I can download torrents, but if I do, my internet gets cut off. Same for Limewire, etc. It's already happened once, if it happened again I don't think I could convince them to turn it back on.
    You have a pretty odd ISP, then. Most of them are very happy to turn a blind eye to torrents, since it's one of the main reasons people would have an account with reasonable download limits - unless, of course, the rights-holder makes a complaint to the ISP (and even then they usually just give a warning).

Thanks for the new site and I am downloading even as we speak/type. So looking forward to it.

And if BSA is using a university site, then a) no wonder he is so articulate and b) no wonder he cannot download a torrent!

Its a half hour interview BSA and fast download - you may get away with it.

ADDON; Feel a bit better - the sound is not in sync. I shall watch it at a friends place, and keep this for the record, what goodlooker!!
    Last edited by Primmy; 4th September 2009 at 04:29 PM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Thanks for the new site and I am downloading even as we speak/type. So looking forward to it.

And if BSA is using a university site, then a) no wonder he is so articulate and b) no wonder he cannot download a torrent!

Its a half hour interview BSA and fast download - you may get away with it.
    Universities monitor bandwidth that each student uses - possible as each student has an individual log on. After x amount of data your account is flagged. At least, that's the process where I go to uni.
    10100111001 ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Donners View Post
    You have a pretty odd ISP, then. Most of them are very happy to turn a blind eye to torrents, since it's one of the main reasons people would have an account with reasonable download limits - unless, of course, the rights-holder makes a complaint to the ISP (and even then they usually just give a warning).
    It's the rights-holders, I think. When we get uni internet, we have to agree not to use it to download copyrighted material, so when the rights-holder complains, they cut off the internet.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    ADDON; Feel a bit better - the sound is not in sync. I shall watch it at a friends place, and keep this for the record, what goodlooker!!
    Which media player did you use? Try VLC, sound works perfectly with that program.

Edit: Never saw that vision of Hall before today. Seeing him go around in that car, visibly in tears, just hurts.
    Last edited by DeadlyAkkuret; 4th September 2009 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Which media player did you use? Try VLC, sound works perfectly with that program.

Edit: Never saw that vision of Hall before today. Seeing him go around in that car, visibly in tears, just hurts.
    Deadly you are seriously in my good books. Works in sync, and I did it all by myself. Thanks.
    Much improved sync, didn't fall off line until last couple of minutes.
    Last edited by Primmy; 4th September 2009 at 10:14 PM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789