Thread: Can you still park at the MCG?

Can you still park at the MCG?

It looks like I have been given a pass for the day and (if the wife gets enough sleep) will be able to drive into Melbourne for the game. Won't be able to leave till 12.00 and it's close to a two hour drive. Does the Collective Conscious of RWO think I should just drive up Punt Rd and try to park on the grass (not being a member of any kind)? Can't imagine the crowd will be too big....35,000?

Traditionally I would drive to a train station because it's a bit easier, but it also takes a little longer.

TIA for your input.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

There's still parking available at Yarra Park outside the G, but the question is whether there will be parking left by the time you get there. Don't forget parking around the tennis centre, Olympic Park etc, so you'll probably be ok to park somewhere, but you wouldn't wanna leave it too late in case you have to drive around for a bit...

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

On the Rookie List swansrock4eva's Avatar
    Swans vs Hawks game I rocked up about 1.45 for a 2.10 start and got a park with no probs. Took about 20mins to get into the carpark, but definitely no problems with space or anything!

Cheers...I'm off....I've been a good boy!!!

Go Swannies
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005