Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leaping Leo

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    What's wrong with Macca????

I'd rather see Ablett or Barlow given the heave-ho.
    I've been very down on Luke over the past few weeks but you couldn't complain about his game yesterday. His goal kicking was woeful but he wasn't alone there. One of his best games in recent weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Thanks RS, I was away on holidays and didn't see that item. And now BSA5 had better duck!
    It's frustrating, after all the care that has gone into soft tissue injuries in the Misson years, to have this sort of injury when (as far as I can tell from a distance) it needn't happen and Macca could've had more time to R&R.
    That article was from a month ago. He has played 4 games since his return.

What's your point?
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    That article was from a month ago. He has played 4 games since his return.

What's your point?
    My point is that it didn't happen completely out of the blue, there had been some kind of warning, and I wonder who, if anyone, was monitoring it? And now we are without our most recent best-and-fairest when we still have slim chance of finals appearance again.
    But to revert to topic - I'll be glad to see Leo get another run in the team before he goes.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Hammy's are probably the most recurring injury unfortunately, but you can't keep them out for 2 months 'just to be sure'. The fact he has successfully been back a month suggests it was more bad luck than bad management.

I agree with the thoughts on Leo. He's been a terrific clubman and absolutely deserves a sendoff. I guess while we are in this precarious position of still being in finals contention, they need to make sure it is not at the detriment to the team, but it would be a crying shame for him to go out without playing a seniors game in his final season due to injury.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Leo back in the ONES..... mmmmmmm ..... that would be hard to bear.

HP
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Quote Originally Posted by Donners View Post
    Barlow's been getting 17+ touches a game for the last couple of months, as well as being a regular goal scorer. He's not going anywhere.
    And turning the ball over 15 + times a game too. He was horrendous on Sunday. @@@.

Played OK against the Saints but that's been about it.

On the Rookie List
    If we can get back to Leo Barry, the question is where will they play him. It might be on the half back line in place of Shaw who might move into the midfield.

Veterans List
    Just three more games left to ever see Leo do one of his bizarre kamikaze runs through traffic out of the backline! I'd be about as excited to see that as us playing finals this year.

How sad is R22 going to be? The last time with Leo doing Leo things at one end of the ground and Magic weaving his spell at the other. I've been really excited to see the potential in the kids but it will be gut wrenching to realise that will be the last time we'll ever see these two run out in red and white.

Quote Originally Posted by bigswan View Post
    If we can get back to Leo Barry, the question is where will they play him. It might be on the half back line in place of Shaw who might move into the midfield.
    Easy - play him as a loose man to fill the hole in front of Hawkins, Mooney and Co. Good replacement for Super Ted.

If Grundy or LRT are getting smashed he could switch and take Mooney or Hawkins (assuming Bolton gets Johnson).

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Easy - play him as a loose man to fill the hole in front of Hawkins, Mooney and Co. Good replacement for Super Ted.

If Grundy or LRT are getting smashed he could switch and take Mooney or Hawkins (assuming Bolton gets Johnson).
    That seems the most logical idea to me. I think we've missed the likes of Teddy filling the gap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12