Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Leo Barry Retirement????

Veterans List
    Here's a nice story...

I've mentioned in the past that my 12yo nephew who lives in Perth is Leo's greatest fan (to the point that he chose Leo as his confirmation name - Catholics will know what I mean...).

Leo rang my brother a few weeks back to tell him this week would be his last game so bro arranged for him and the nephew to come to Sydney for the big game (yes, perhaps a little OTT, but being a 12yo Swans fan in Perth does deserve some kudos!).

Anyways, they went into the rooms after the game and my brother presented Leo with a small gift to say thanks - Leo says "Great - and I've got something for you." He then presents my nephew with his shorts, socks AND boots that he's worn for his final game. What a fantastic gesture!

My nephew, who's normally a pretty quiet fella, had a grin from ear to ear for the rest of the night! Truly an occasion he won't forget - and another reminder we've lost a little ripper with Leo.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Here's a nice story...

I've mentioned in the past that my 12yo nephew who lives in Perth is Leo's greatest fan (to the point that he chose Leo as his confirmation name - Catholics will know what I mean...).

Leo rang my brother a few weeks back to tell him this week would be his last game so bro arranged for him and the nephew to come to Sydney for the big game (yes, perhaps a little OTT, but being a 12yo Swans fan in Perth does deserve some kudos!).

Anyways, they went into the rooms after the game and my brother presented Leo with a small gift to say thanks - Leo says "Great - and I've got something for you." He then presents my nephew with his shorts, socks AND boots that he's worn for his final game. What a fantastic gesture!

My nephew, who's normally a pretty quiet fella, had a grin from ear to ear for the rest of the night! Truly an occasion he won't forget - and another reminder we've lost a little ripper with Leo.
    Nice story Giant.

A great story and sums up leo the man perfectly. As a footballer, he has given our club his all, and he will most definitely never be forgotten, even if it turns out to be just for that 1 mark! I'm very happy he got to get a couple of games in the seniors to leave on rather then disappearing off the map without trace.

Only one to sum up Leo though- 'You Star!'.

Blog Entries
    Leo started his career with 5 wins from his 1st 5 games.
    1st in 1995 against the Pies. His only game that year.

Leo finished his career with 3 games in his final year.
    3 losses, sad way to go out.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Leo started his career with 5 wins from his 1st 5 games.
    1st in 1995 against the Pies. His only game that year.

Leo finished his career with 3 games in his final year.
    3 losses, sad way to go out.
    True, but it would help confirm that he had made the right decision.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    True, but it would help confirm that he had made the right decision.
    I think his final displosal helped confirm that.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Top story that thanks for sharing it Giant.
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678