Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Paul Roos to hand over coaching role to John Longmire

I don't like this idea, unless there have been other candidates that have been looked at and ruled out.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    There's no doubt Longmire is rated highly internally, but I still think the club should be casting the net wider.
    I agree, it's all a little cosy, add to this Ireland taking over as CEO and it seems scouting for employees is exclusively inward looking.
    I hope, for the players sake, some new blood comes in as an assistant coach, otherwise things may get decidedly stale. same ol same ol
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Roos > Howard
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    I don't like this idea, unless there have been other candidates that have been looked at and ruled out.
    Wallace?

Senior Player
    i swear the other thread wasn't there when i posted this...

Look, just because John Longmire isn't as good looking as Roosy doesn't mean he can't be a fantastic coach. I'd rather keep him as he has the respect of everyone in the club that matter.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    I agree, it's all a little cosy, add to this Ireland taking over as CEO and it seems scouting for employees is exclusively inward looking.
    I hope, for the players sake, some new blood comes in as an assistant coach, otherwise things may get decidedly stale. same ol same ol
    I was rather hoping this succession takes place, and that perhaps Kirky would set up as an assistant. HOWever, having watched Heath James doubling as a sideline coach as well as a runner, I am wondering whether or not he would fit in to the reserves side, and Frosty or more likely Fruity be upgraded to a senior assistant.

I have no probelm at all with Andrew Ireland as CEO. His work with Brisbane was first rate, and I thought we had a complete coupe when he came down here.

Watch this space.
    Last edited by Primmy; 12th August 2009 at 06:58 PM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

On the Rookie List
    Completely under-whelmed by this announcement. In fact bitterly disappointed. The Swans are growing more and more like an insular, jobs for the boys Club. Watch Membership levels fall even further in 2011.
    Regards,

Boro Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Look, just because John Longmire isn't as good looking as Roosy doesn't mean he can't be a fantastic coach. I'd rather keep him as he has the respect of everyone in the club that matter.
    So did Wayne Brittain.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Handing over is a much more risk free prospect to me.
    The worst case scenario is that the team will play a little less well under Longmire.
    Not opposed to a new coach from outside the club, but with all that is changing in teh Swans, I'd see Longmire as a good prospect to keep things moving positively.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Senior Player
    Gee give him a chance. Surely someone with inside knowledge (don't forget Roos was assistant at Sydney with Eade) has a better chance than a complete outsider plus we will need someone that knows and wants to be in Sydney to fight off the new West Sydney team. I reckon Kirk may end up being an assistant at sometime cos he just bleeds the bloods!

So we're going to go from a "defensive" game to an "offensive" game.

Here come the goals!!!!!
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast