Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: No live coverage this week in Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by RedRosie View Post
    Previously (maybe 3 - 4 weeks ago?) I was able to watch the AFL footy show live on 9HD at 9.30 and on 9 was the NRL live. The last couple of weeks I havent being able to watch AFL show until 11.30 as NRL is on both at the same time Live again. Have the rules changed or can someone tell me why
    I think Rosie they refer to LIVE as being a sporting event, such as AFL or NRL games etc. Not the talk.....and Ch9 have even moved the Footy Show to after the NRL Footy Show in Sydney again. Not that I watch it mind you, I just like the articles......what was so dreadful about showing both Footy Shows at once I want to know?
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Swans- brisbane game not live

On the Rookie List
    Thanks Primmy, I guess it goes to show that they can technically do it, two live events shown at once on different chanels but once again the media dictate....
    Reads from the Telegraph today that the 'players' are worried about bums on seats for the game so dont mind it not being shown here as I hope there will be a big crowd for them to cheer them but it doesnt look like this weeks farewell game will be shown in Melbourne either! Guess its my turn to keep the Rel's in Vic up to date from the SCG

Thanks Primmy, I guess it goes to show that they can technically do it, two live events shown at once on different chanels but once again the media dictate....
    Reads from the Telegraph today that the 'players' are worried about bums on seats for the game so dont mind it not being shown here as I hope there will be a big crowd for them to cheer them but it doesnt look like this weeks farewell game will be shown in Melbourne either! Guess its my turn to keep the Rel's in Vic up to date from the SCG
    What are you talking about Rosie?

The game is live on Foxtel and all you have to do is go dowm to your local, get a nice counter meal and glass of lemonade and watch the game.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Previously (maybe 3 - 4 weeks ago?) I was able to watch the AFL footy show live on 9HD at 9.30 and on 9 was the NRL live. The last couple of weeks I havent being able to watch AFL show until 11.30 as NRL is on both at the same time Live again. Have the rules changed or can someone tell me why
    The launch of GO! superseeded Nine HD, in a nutshell.
    10100111001 ;-)

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post

The game is live on Foxtel and all you have to do is go dowm to your local, get a nice counter meal and glass of lemonade and watch the game.

DST
    Ahh so it is on Fox in Melbourne, well I am really happy about that (I think my tv guide comes from China) It means my family down there will be able to watch it LIVE and I will be able to sit in peace at the SCG with a nice pie and red wine Seriously though I feel that the coverage in Sydney and Melbourne has been atrocious this year.

Quote Originally Posted by 10Totti10 View Post
    Swans- brisbane game not live
    Yea It is on half an hour delay on free to air at 7.30pm into Sydney or live on Foxtel because it is Foxtel allocated Saturday night match

Half an hour delay is standard when the match is telecast in the city it's played in. It convinces the AFL that more people will go to the game then watch it on TV.
    10100111001 ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by laughingnome View Post
    Half an hour delay is standard when the match is telecast in the city it's played in. It convinces the AFL that more people will go to the game then watch it on TV.
    You know, that is something that gets me every time. Why on earth would you watch AFL on tv (baring, hailstorms and lightning strikes) when you CAN watch it at the ground live! We all know that its a totally different experience. Don't the AFL know that? Haven't they been to a game yet?
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456