Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swans Member Survey ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    If we get a Melbourne one I wonder if they will ask, "do you want us to play at Skilled Stadium in 2010 for the umpteenth year running".
    For some members it's just a stroll to the game - crap venue otherwise though

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    If we get a Melbourne one I wonder if they will ask, "do you want us to play at Skilled Stadium in 2010 for the umpteenth year running".
    I dont understand whats wrong with playing at Skilled Stadium? (apart from being a crap venue - but then it isn't alone in that department thats for sure) depending on the luck of the draw most other clubs play there once a year as well, so whats the problem?

I thought the question about their complaints handling was a pearler!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    I dont understand whats wrong with playing at Skilled Stadium? (apart from being a crap venue - but then it isn't alone in that department thats for sure) depending on the luck of the draw most other clubs play there once a year as well, so whats the problem?

I thought the question about their complaints handling was a pearler!
    It's in Geelong, you have to book seats or get there when the gates open. Let the Melbourne based teams play there, we only get 6 games in Vic a year and when one of them is at Skilled, for the majority of Swans members that means they can only get to 5 games in a season (barring finals). It is one of the reasons we have down graded our membership for the last 2 seasons.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    It's in Geelong, you have to book seats or get there when the gates open. Let the Melbourne based teams play there, we only get 6 games in Vic a year and when one of them is at Skilled, for the majority of Swans members that means they can only get to 5 games in a season (barring finals). It is one of the reasons we have down graded our membership for the last 2 seasons.
    Sorry I was obviously barking up the wrong tree!! fair enough - I thought that it was just a general whinge about having going to Geelong, and the Geelong team itself (yes I was right off track) and I thought that was a bit rich. Now I see Nico's point - so sorry to you and Nico (I had just finished doing the survey and steam was coming out of my ears!)

I guess our club is unique in that way - 2 membership bases - one town gets more games than the other. Will there ever a happy medium?

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Sorry I was obviously barking up the wrong tree!! fair enough - I thought that it was just a general whinge about having going to Geelong, and the Geelong team itself (yes I was right off track) and I thought that was a bit rich. Now I see Nico's point - so sorry to you and Nico (I had just finished doing the survey and steam was coming out of my ears!)

I guess our club is unique in that way - 2 membership bases - one town gets more games than the other. Will there ever a happy medium?
    Oh, our club is a little more unique than just two membership bases. Don't forget the divisions within the Sydney membership over playing games at the SCG and Homebush. There's far more heat over that than whether we play Geelong at Skilled Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Oh, our club is a little more unique than just two membership bases. Don't forget the divisions within the Sydney membership over playing games at the SCG and Homebush. There's far more heat over that than whether we play Geelong at Skilled Stadium.
    Indeed - there is that too - but as far as admin goes - there are two membership bases. I just hope that the club gets it @@@@ together for next year - a repeat of the membership fiasco this year and things could become terminal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12