Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Teddy on the trading table

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    Yes. He has also spilt a lot for (t)his team.
    As other have said, he is worth a lot more to this team than on the market.
    Jude has spilt more than Ted and still found himself on the trade table
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    Jude has spilt more than Ted and still found himself on the trade table
    Since when is Jude on the trade table???

There's still a week and a bit to the off season people.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
    Someone more willing to throw themselves into any situation on field?
    Someone that keeps his opposition quiet during a game?
    Someone that is not afraid of injury?

Oh wait we ALREADY HAVE HIM!
    This is what I call
    HITTING THE NAIL ON THE HEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Since when is Jude on the trade table???
    A couple of seasons ago, not now.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Normally agree with most of what you say but there was nothing quiet about O'Keefe's 2008 season.
    Quiet-ish. Down on his best. Compare to his 2006 AA season, and he had less goals, less marks, and less kicks. His 07 and 08 seasons, while still very good, weren't at the level he had played previously, and from the sounds of it he was asking for a pay packet based on 2006, and the Swans were asking for a trade based on that as well. Naturally, his slight regression in form may have caused some doubts in the minds of other sides (whether it would continue with age, or if he'd bounce back, or just plateau with 2006 being a flash in the pan). It was a complicating factor that put the two parties on different wavelengths and made trading difficult.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    A couple of seasons ago, not now.
    The way I heard it: Melbourne asked if we were interested in trading Jude. We said 'yeah, for Brock McLean'. Melbourne shut up. We didn't put Jude "on the trade table".

Ted stays.

I love Ted-but he's not irreplacable. I guess he has fans, and not without good reason (me included. He IS trade-worthy.

Regular in the Side
    teams usually go for players in trade to fill a specific role. ted is a handy tall utility that has found most success down back. not the kind of player other clubs usually think is the one to make the difference between this season and the next. when we got him he was young, undertested and underrated and we got better than we gave. now, there won't be any hope he has something left to reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayes30 View Post
    The way I heard it: Melbourne asked if we were interested in trading Jude. We said 'yeah, for Brock McLean'. Melbourne shut up. We didn't put Jude "on the trade table".

Ted stays.
    Wrong.

Trade bait wait hurt - Bolton - realfooty.com.au

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123