Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grundy Re-Signs

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Bear going against the grain just for the sake of it, as usual *yawn*
    Here Here.
    I for one said Reg was a dud last year.
    He has imnproved leaps and bounds & Im happy to eat my words.
    Est 1874
    SMFC

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    I am only comparing pace, and in that regard Grundy is below average, which is death as a key defender if the ball is delivered reasonable well or better to your opponent. Especially when you're also reactive and slow off the mark as Grundy.

Lurch for example is much faster, which is why he spoils balls (leads) that Grundy gets no-where near.
    Grundy used to be slow. He's now just as quick as LRT. Probably got some tips on running technique and building powerful legs from ROK, who underwent a very similar transition, from plodder down back to promising forward. Grundy has done the same, without moving forward. Will he become a star like ROK? I doubt it. He's looking very solid down back through.

And LRT isn't good on the lead. I would say that's his main weakness. He's fantastic in a pack situation, solid in a one-on-one situation (though if it's put up high and he's in front, he can get caught out), and unreliable on the lead, as while in full flight he's reasonably quick, his acceleration leaves something to be desired. A short, quick lead will often catch him out.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Grundy used to be slow. He's now just as quick as LRT.
    That will do me.

You live in la la land.
    "As a player he simply should not have been able to do the things he did. Leo was a 185cm, 88kg full-back and played on some of the biggest, fastest and best full-forwards of all time, and constantly beat them." Roos.
    Leo Barry? you star! We'll miss ya, ''Leapin''.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    That will do me.

You live in la la land.
    No, you can't look past your first impression and see that Grundy has picked up a good yard or two of pace and agility over the last 18 months. You only need to see him streaming from half back down the wing like he has suddenly started to do to see that. He's far from the quickest, but neither is LRT. His pace is no longer a limiting factor to his game though.

Don't get me wrong, 18 months ago I was of exactly the same opinion as you. The thing is, I, and most people in fact, can see how much he has improved what were major deficiencies, and brought them up to AFL standard. I just wonder why you can't.
    Last edited by BSA5; 25th August 2009 at 01:13 AM.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123