Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barry Hall tells suitors he's ready to play.....

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    Read the article CureTheSane, he needs us to trade to be able to assist him be able to sort out where he is going before the PSD in order to get a full pre season with his new club.

It is very likely he has spoken to Horse and Roos and asked to be traded and not de-listed.

DST
    I did read the article before I posted.
    It stated that he has indeed talked with Longmire and will do so with Roos soon.

As to your point that 'he needs the Swans' - well go and read RWO and read over and over again the opinions that there are only a couple of clubs at best who would be interested in him.
    I tend to disagree with this consensus, as I think a lot of RWOers undervalue Hall and were only too happy to write him off.

Remember how we re-drafted Plugger?
    I know the AFL think they have removed the players ability to nominate a club, but the simple fact is it's a job interview when you take with a potential new club.
    A player can say what he likes, such as "I can't see myself putting in 100% if I was drafted by West Coast" or anything else along those lines to deter clubs from picking them up.

I think the Swans value Hall and his value WAY more than Hall values what the Swans are able to do for him.

What we will see soon id whether or not there is any resentment or ill feeling from Hall's side.

If it was me I'd be of the mindset of "you didn't support me when I needed support, I'm happy to repay the favour"
    Time will tell, but if the Swans had played all this better, a potential trade for Lake with the Doggies could have been a hell of a lot cheaper.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Any other team who takes him on will suffer from the same one-dimensional clutter that we did. So let's hope he plays on!!
    I'm sure St.Kilda fans were of the same mindset re: Lockett and Hall

So much better to have multiple options... Goodes, White and even the old MOL has shown signs of life. Add Johnston, Vespa and perhaps MOD into the mix and our forward line in 2010 will be FAR better than the predictable Hall-dominated model.
    Always great to have options.
    Hall, in dragging one or two of the best opposition defenders off the 'new breed' of forwards would have been a great option for a pocket.

However that is not an option now, and we look to the future.
    Hopefully a different dynamic will allow a much more exciting style of play for the Swans.

On the Rookie List
    Any other team who takes him on will suffer from the same one-dimensional clutter that we did. So let's hope he plays on!!

So much better to have multiple options... Goodes, White and even the old MOL has shown signs of life. Add Johnston, Vespa and perhaps MOD into the mix and our forward line in 2010 will be FAR better than the predictable Hall-dominated model.
    Spot on! We were so one dimensional with him.and if he had a day off(2006 GF) we were shagged!

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Link

This article seems to confirm what I have been trying to 100% confirm over the past few months, Hall still has bargaining power for us in trade week.
    I still cant see anyone taking him. It would have to be a team with an eye on a flag: Knights wont take him nor will clarko and the blues have fev. Pies/saints/cats would be maybes at best. The dogs might be interested for $200k a year but that?s about it. If rocket has anything to do with the budget they will spend as much as they can on Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    I'm sure St.Kilda fans were of the same mindset re: Lockett
    Doubt it - they were in fact initially spewing that the great man left.

and Hall
    Possibly.

Hall, in dragging one or two of the best opposition defenders off the 'new breed' of forwards would have been a great option for a pocket.
    Only problem there is that Hall always wanted the others to "get the hell out of the way" and he's not the type of guy to accept or play second fiddle.
    "As a player he simply should not have been able to do the things he did. Leo was a 185cm, 88kg full-back and played on some of the biggest, fastest and best full-forwards of all time, and constantly beat them." Roos.
    Leo Barry? you star! We'll miss ya, ''Leapin''.

Doubt it - they were in fact initially spewing that the great man left.
    Yeah I forgot that all that happened before all of the entire world would come down on Lockett over the Caven incident.
    I just assumed that such callous disregard for humanity would have been found to be disgusting by his own club

Only problem there is that Hall always wanted the others to "get the hell out of the way" and he's not the type of guy to accept or play second fiddle.
    Sorry, I didn't realise that you were an friend of his and able to shed light on his demeanour.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    If it was me I'd be of the mindset of "you didn't support me when I needed support, I'm happy to repay the favour"...
    Oh come on, how do you know the Swans didn't give him any support?
    They may have given him a lot of support and still they didn't get through but that discussion has been done to death.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

I don't, but most here assume that they DID give him support.
    I'm talking about the most recent event only.
    And given that Hall was in the media saying he's gonna bust his ass to better himself, and then Roos got into the media after that and said that his future was in question and that he had not spoken with Hall since the incident, tends to lend towards the ideal that the club gave up on him.
    All I'm saying is that it will all come out in the wash if Hall moves clubs.
    If he just dropped AFL altogether, I'd say that he wouldn't want to comment on anything again, - past is past and all that.
    But if he's gonna hang around, the media will drive for his 'side of the story'

The whisper is that the deal is almost done already for one of the dogs less successful talls
    Last edited by Melbournehammer; 23rd August 2009 at 06:07 PM. Reason: slight error

Leo was asked on 3AW after the game and said that Hall definitely wants to play again ??

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    The whisper is that the deal is almost done already for one of the dogs less successful talls
    Yes, I've heard that whisper for a few weeks now. Although, don't know who the Dogs player is either. Can't see them giving up Lake in a hurry.

Everitt?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast