Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sculpture Of A Sydney Swans Legend

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Good choice. It looked impressive on the TV.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Not while he's still coaching. It smacks of Bjelke-Petersen awarding himself a knighthood.
    And Kim Jong Il would be proud!

I don't know what Roos has said about this but I'm sure even he would be slightly embarrassed about the timing.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Regular in the Side
    Great choice - as Roos himself said ... its not just about him but it also represents a huge moment in the Swans history and him holding up the cup is such a symbol of our 05 victory and the man who delivered it to us!!

It celebrates a moment not the man and in hindsight it's an inspired choice.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I think you're right, Al. Wasn't sure about the timing at first but somehow, it works for me.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Yes. Roos words and the manner in which he delivered them was inspiring.
    We are very lucky to support and love this club.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    That we are LK, that we are.

This year was my 7 year old nephews first year as a member of the Swans. When leaving the ground tonight he was crying and I thought bloody hell he's been hurt so i bent down to find out what was wrong and he sobbed "Micky's Gone, Mickeys Gone" As I consoled him I told him that because of his emotion that he had now become a true Swans fan for life and nothing would ever change that. He seemed to like that idea. Yes LK we are bloody lucky we love and support the club we do.
    Last edited by Big Al; 30th August 2009 at 02:28 AM.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    Nice sentiments, but goodness.. @@@@ty sculpture. It needs a few double takes to even get the Roos likeness. Not something i should want to dwell on for too long, but that was a pretty poor sculpting effort in terms of likeness.

God knows how plugger looked in his pro forma
    "She said 'Come look there's a wardrobe of love in my eye'. Take your time, look around, and see if there's something your size."
    Wardrobe Of Love, Ishtar

I just saw that cup waved aloft with the ribbons and Roosy's pose and just could hear in my head "Here it is!". In between the low escalators into the Victor Trumper stand, on the first level above the ground looking out at us Swans. Its a cracker and it invokes every triumphant emotion, its close to the entrance to the Club rooms, it is easily seen from the Avenue, just look right and upwards at Gate E, and its a constant and permanent reminder that the Swans are part of the SCG. Love it.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    The statue of Roos is tucked away at the rear of the Victor Trumper Stand, so it's a safe bet that most visitors to the SCG won't even see it. I didn't even realise it was Roos when I walked past it! Why was it placed there?
    Strongly disagree.

I sit directly opposition the Victor Trumper in the far away Bradman Stand. But I still have to walk past it to get to the Bradman Stand. I suggest that unless you are a SCG member, come what may, if you are going to the Sydney Cricket Ground, you have to go through that entrance, and will see the sculpture of Roosey and and 2005 Premiership Cup.

If on the other hand, you are a cricket fan, you will NOT see the sculptures of either Ritchie Benaud or Fred Spofforth unless you are a SCG member. They are tuck away behind the SCG Members Stand.

Where were you suggesting the Paul Roos sculpture should go?

How did they manage to get his two sons out of the sculpture?
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast