Page 4 of 146 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Trading talk thread

Regular in the Side
    i would be going for Deleido as well, he may like the idea of sydney and being out of the bubble that is Melb...

He is def worth the 450-500 mark per yr....
    Has pace and can be the outside midfielder we desp need.....
    Trade: Hall and Barlow for him....
    maybe throw Abett in for good measure

Quote Originally Posted by robamiee View Post
    i would be going for Deleido as well, he may like the idea of sydney and being out of the bubble that is Melb...

He is def worth the 450-500 mark per yr....
    Has pace and can be the outside midfielder we desp need.....
    Trade: Hall and Barlow for him....
    maybe throw Abett in for good measure
    Ridiculous. Unless you are prepared to give up a first round pick then forget about it.

We will not be giving up our first and second round picks in this draft.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Regular in the Side
    by all acounts the draft is not all that deep this year, i woiuld give a 2nd rounder for him...a known gun for someone with potential i know what i would be going for.....

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    Ridiculous. Unless you are prepared to give up a first round pick then forget about it.

We will not be giving up our first and second round picks in this draft.
    I'd give up the first round pick for him.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like Lids.

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I'd give up the first round pick for him.
    So would I.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Being that Deledio is a number one draft pick with plenty of years ahead of him, I would have thought our first round pick would be a pretty fair trade and we would lose nothing from it.

My only reservation is that I have heard panelists on one of the footy shows discuss him once and they seemed to be of the opinion that he doesnt have the motor to play midfield. I dont know enough about him personally but that would concern me.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Being that Deledio is a number one draft pick with plenty of years ahead of him, I would have thought our first round pick would be a pretty fair trade and we would lose nothing from it.

My only reservation is that I have heard panelists on one of the footy shows discuss him once and they seemed to be of the opinion that he doesnt have the motor to play midfield. I dont know enough about him personally but that would concern me.
    He is still young, so his endurance may come with time..What draft was he picked up in..
    then again the Deleido option is really pure speculation based on media reports about his unhappiness..

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post

What a steal he would be for just first pick.I would throw in Ablett and Brabazon plus $500,000. He could be the new Williams and we have enough midfielders to give him a rest every now and then. Get him ,at all costs! And panelists on Footy Shows have to pretend to have inside information so i would not take anything they say seriously.

He is still young, so his endurance may come with time..What draft was he picked up in..
    then again the Deleido option is really pure speculation based on media reports about his unhappiness..
    2004 I believe.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    What a steal he would be for just first pick.I would throw in Ablett and Brabazon plus $500,000.
    I suspect the Tigers would be happier with just our first pick than clogging up their list with marginal (espec Brabazon) players. If they wanted Ablett, fair enough, but "added extras" usually devalue a deal, not add to it.

Fed by his manager prior to contract renegotiations.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk