Page 1 of 146 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Trading talk thread

Trading talk thread

Well we are officially in the rebuilding stage and there are a few areas we lack depth in. The main one would be a small crumbing forward. Would like to see us go after these blokes

Leroy Jetta- Was pick 18 in the super draft of 06 but has struggled to cement a spot at Essendon. Has loads of potential but a questionable attitude, maybe we can straighten him out. Could have stints in the midfield.

Matt Campbell- Has been on the outer a bit at North this season and they may be willing to trade him. He's very dangerous when the ball hits the ground and would be one of the fastest players in the league.

Cameron Stokes- Same with Campbell, has struggled to get selected for the Hawks this season.

Stephen Milne- Only put him down so nobody calls me a racist.

The backline is my other concern, Grundy looks like being our CHB for the next few years but we lack a quality full back who will be around for our next flag tilt. Defences win premierships after all. Bolton will still be around for a while yet but he isn't getting any younger. I think we should top up in this area with someone like a Wilkes or Spangher from West Coast.

I think the draft should be used mainly to draft quality outside mids. KP talent is very shallow in this draft apparently.

Veteran Site Admin
    I am noit sure why you would trade for an established small crumbing forward unless you really think you're on the brink of a premiership and it is a massive weakness in your team. Otherwise, find your own in the draft.

History tells us that:

a) many (probably a majority) of the better small crumbing forwards have not been high draft picks. You can picks good'uns up with 4th and 5th round picks, or in the rookie draft,

b) If they are going to be any good at AFL level, they will probably have an impact almost straight away. They are not like ruckmen or KPPs where it can take 3 or so seasons before they are even ready to play a senior game and another couple before they start to hit their straps.

Better off having a crack at someone like Talia in the draft than trading for a key backman.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Is this Fantasy trade?

If so -

1. Liam Jurrah

2. Brian Lake

3. Nick Dal Santo

4. Paddy Ryder

5. Harry O'Brien

Other than that I have faith in the list. You just have to believe.
    Last edited by Bloody Hell; 26th August 2009 at 04:10 AM.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Liz is right and, of course, Roos has said about 600 times that we'll be restocking via the draft so why would we even contemplate trading away our early picks?

These threads are very tedious.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Better off having a crack at someone like Talia in the draft than trading for a key backman.
    I like your thinking, but if say Lucas or even Trengove (unlikely) was available at our pick i reckon we should go for him.

1st rounder has to go to Best Available no matter what position IMO.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffers1984 View Post
    I like your thinking, but if say Lucas or even Trengove (unlikely) was available at our pick i reckon we should go for him.

1st rounder has to go to Best Available no matter what position IMO.
    Of course, but it's unlikely they'd last that long. For what it's worth I'd LOVE a crack at Morabito (never seen him play, but based on reports and YouTube vids looks a cracker, fast and BIG), but he's likely to go top 3. Someone like Gary Rohan would be a nice pickup as well.

What position does he play?

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    What position does he play?
    Talia? CHB, but he can play forward as well. If you were talking about Morabito or Rohan, both are tall quick types that have played a bit all over the place. I think mainly wing. I'm far from an expert though.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Rohan would be a huge cult figure if we drafted him.

A Ranga
    Flashy player with great acceleration
    Class.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Is Talia the guy from Norwood where Reg came from? If he is there are wraps on him but word is that after pick 4 there are no real standouts.I'm glad we have chosen to use our picks on youngsters all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by smasher View Post
    Is Talia the guy from Norwood where Reg came from? If he is there are wraps on him but word is that after pick 4 there are no real standouts.I'm glad we have chosen to use our picks on youngsters all the same.
    Nah, that would be Panos probably. FF type.

Page 1 of 146 123451151101 ... LastLast