Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hawks refuse to rule out Hall

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohengrin View Post
    I guess you could play Roughhead as the swing player, which is what Bradshaw did at the Lions. Brisbane are probably the only team to successfully integrate three big forwards I think. Alternatively it could free up Buddy to rove up to the wing.

Travis Cloke wasn't in the Collingwood side in 02-03 and Jason Cloke was a loose backman.

My bad - Rocca, Molloy and Tarrant, although Rocca Cloke and Tarrant played together later on and worked well

Greg Dear was a ruckman. Paul Dear was a half forward/wing and wasn't mid 1980s. Abbott wasn't particularly successful as a key forward, except for his big day out in the 1988 GF.
    Paul Dear won the 1991 Norm Smith with Dunstall and Brereton - was 188cms thought he was taller.

Other teams - Essendon 2000 - Lloyd Lucas Hird
    North Melbourne 1999 GF Team had Longmire, Carey, Scholl and Cam Mooney all in the forward line!!

It certainly can be done and works as long as you've got the right players

On the Rookie List
    I thought of Geelong, but I don't think you want Hall and Mooney in the same forward line, particularly if you are trying to develop Hawkins.
    They could rotate the suspensions so one was always available.

Its a tease isn't it. He's just playing with our emotions. And he would look crap in yellow and brown (everyone does).
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    LOL
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Your coaching talents are wasted!

Hilarious!!

They can have him. His eyes aren't as good as they used to be.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Hooot!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Oh no, imagine our poor backline if he plays again...would he 'lose control' and whack Bolts or LRT?

I thought of Geelong, but I don't think you want Hall and Mooney in the same forward line, particularly if you are trying to develop Hawkins.
    Stranger things have happened - as scary as that prospect of Hall & Moody in the same forward line would be

My admiration for Hall & the lousy treatement he received is well documented on here - it doesnt matter where he goes, just as long as he is truly happy. I will applaud Hall no matter what.

Despite what some people think - he was the face of the Sydney Swans for years, just and ask anyone in Sydney who has no interest in the Swans or AFL, even prior to the "retirement", to name a Swans player and it was always Hall first & Goodes second, even Spider was better known- Kirk never rated a mention or you got a "who's Kirk"?!

I personally hope its with the Western Bulldogs - and then, if the planets are aligned, he can be a member of the team to win their first premeirship since the 50's, similar to what happened to the Swans in '05 (and that wouldn't stick it right up Roos & co)
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123