Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Teams v Brisbane

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Hard body for soft body??

VCE doesn't start for another few months.

a) Spot on Scott. Agghh that boy drives me nuts at times. I don't think consistency is part of his vocabulary yet. Too much "might/might not" for my liking, and I would love to have a higher opinion, but not yet - then again my opinion of McVeigh and Reg took some time to be elevated. Anyone want to set up a book on how much time it will take Cheese to win my uncomplicated and loyal approval?

b) Worries me a bit too. But as he is Sports Captain for Xvr then perhaps his academic standing is as high as his AFL reputation at the Swans.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    b) Worries me a bit too. But as he is Sports Captain for Xvr then perhaps his academic standing is as high as his AFL reputation at the Swans.
    When does the exams for VCE start/finish ... does that mean he is likely to miss a bit of pre-season training??

Most schools have just finished HSC trials here (i finished yesterday) and then exams start end of october through til middle of november ... that would be nearly a month of pre-season training ... it seems however that he has handled himself quite well during the last 6 weeks so it doesn't seem like an issue for him!!

Am surprised that they all tipped against us on AFL Teams on Fox Sports, given the trio of Swans players retiring, our great record at home against the Lions and the loss of Merrit and Bradshaw for the Lions. I'm tipping Sydney by 19pts. I want to finish 9th and lay claim to be the best team out of the top 8.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Didn't Ablett get injured last week?
    At home on the lounge?

Happy with those changes. I am looking forward to Saturday night. Should be a good game.

I echo Cruiser's sentiments. Found that surprising too but sense Uncle Tony was wavering a little. Lions have the form tho' following last week but thought their outs might have tipped it.

Hope you Fox team watchers also saw that Kirky's going to be on Open Mike on Mon night?

Quote Originally Posted by sidswan View Post
    Hope you Fox team watchers also saw that Kirky's going to be on Open Mike on Mon night?
    Yes, must see TV.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I know I know! I've already set the IQ!
    I think Fox should sell Open Mike as a boxed set. I would definitely get that for Kirkari in the RWO Kris Kringle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by alison.z View Post
    When does the exams for VCE start/finish ... does that mean he is likely to miss a bit of pre-season training??

Most schools have just finished HSC trials here (i finished yesterday) and then exams start end of october through til middle of november ... that would be nearly a month of pre-season training ... it seems however that he has handled himself quite well during the last 6 weeks so it doesn't seem like an issue for him!!
    VCE is the same time as HSC.

He'll miss more than a month, coz he will have a few weeks study b4 the exams.

On the Rookie List Darren Thomson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donners View Post
    That was early. What has Barlow done to be dropped, particularly for Ablett?
    I'd say more what cheese didn't do, and that's find targets with the ball. I'm not going to bag him, especially after my relelntless bagging of Reg last year, but there is still a big question mark over the cheese. He looks goodin patches, but dosn't seem to have made the progress Reg has. The body language alone is so different between the two of them. HAving said that, Reg probably has had a bit more game time at the top level. Next year should tell the tale.

Paul Roos for PM

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    Am surprised that they all tipped against us on AFL Teams on Fox Sports...
    All the tipsters in the SMH (except R. Walls, another good reason to win on Sat.) have backed the Swans!
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Am surprised that they all tipped against us on AFL Teams on Fox Sports, given the trio of Swans players retiring, our great record at home against the Lions and the loss of Merrit and Bradshaw for the Lions. I'm tipping Sydney by 19pts. I want to finish 9th and lay claim to be the best team out of the top 8.
    Ditto, and the Lions are hot and cold (more usually cold) playing away this year.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

I want to finish 9th and lay claim to be the best team out of the top 8.
    That raises an interesting point.

If we finish 9th, we will get pick 9 in the draft.

If we lose by about 5 goals and West Coast win by 10 goals tonight, we could fall as low as 12th and get pick 6.

Under both scenarios we still miss the finals.

Admittedly the desire to send MOL and co out as winners is a fairly big incentive!
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast