Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Draft talk for 2009

I can't see us taking Ball, not if he doesn't want to come up here.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    I can't see us taking Ball, not if he doesn't want to come up here.
    It would be a little hypocritical if we did considering our stance on Bradshaw being allowed to live and play where he wishes.

Absolutely no chance of us taking Ball with pick 14.

We will draft the best midfielder left at 6 and then a KP defender at 14 if one of the suitable ones the club has their eye on is left at pick 14. If not it will be another midfielder.

After that they can go fishing for some x factor small forward.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    If you read this, we are still a shot at Jetta at 14. We'll see . . .

Personally, though, I understand where the Eagles are going. Brad Sheppard was a major kick @@@ guitarist in the Hoodoo Gurus.

Eagles set to overlook LewisJetta in AFL draft | Herald Sun
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    Absolutely no chance of us taking Ball with pick 14.

We will draft the best midfielder left at 6 and then a KP defender at 14 if one of the suitable ones the club has their eye on is left at pick 14. If not it will be another midfielder.

After that they can go fishing for some x factor small forward.

DST
    Don't we already have a great stock of young midfielders? Bird.Hanneberry,Nathan Gordon,Taylor Gilchrist.Meredith.plus a few others then the old brigade which will be good for a couple of more years.
    Defenders also are coming out of our ears.I would rather grab an x factor forward like Jetta and turn Lewis Johnstone into a KP defender

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Rohan at 6 and Jetta at 14 will definitely address our speed issues no doubt.

Still want Talia at 14 though.

I'm now definitely on the Ranga bandwagon! Rohan for #6!
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    Don't we already have a great stock of young midfielders? Bird.Hanneberry,Nathan Gordon,Taylor Gilchrist.Meredith.plus a few others then the old brigade which will be good for a couple of more years.
    Defenders also are coming out of our ears.I would rather grab an x factor forward like Jetta and turn Lewis Johnstone into a KP defender
    You can never have too many quality midfielders. The game is all about endurance and speed now in 6 or 7 minute bursts. Midfielders can rotate in the forward line and particularly the half forward and half back lines.

Rohan at 6 excites me. All the experts say there is enormous upside considering he's had just one year in the TAC Cup system.

My only concern with Jetta is that he's made it fairly clear by my reading that he wants to stay in Perth.

Lucas looks like a Simon Black clone. Given the unbelieveable off season we've had so far you never know, he may slide to 14.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Burgan's Phantom Draft has us taking Rohan and McMillan-Pittard in the first round.

Phantom Draft is here! - AFL.com.au
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?

Burgatron 2009 - Swans picks

The drafte thread's a bit full so thought I'd start a new one specifically for the Burgatron...

For those that don't know, Matt Burgan does a phantom draft every year PRIOR to the real thing. Sometimes he's right, sometimes he's not.

Full draft here on the AFL website
    Last edited by liz; 25th November 2009 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Please do not quote more than a short paragraph from any article on another site. And it really fits best within this thread

[QUOTE=reigning premier;467854]The drafte thread's a bit full so thought I'd start a new one specifically for the Burgatron...

[QUOTE]

At least you tried RP

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post

At least you tried RP
    God forbid we could open a separate thread on the number 1 football story in the paper today....

Can we uncombine the Phantom draft??? Mods?

With the later picks he is constantly saying the Swans need to replace Fosdike, Crouch and Schmitt. I think we've already gone a long way to addressing those issues.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.