Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is Jesse White the new Richo? Maybe, but he's the Rising Star for R22!

He had a ripper game and showed his athleticism and a bit of the baller in him. If only he converted that last quarter opportunity
    "In some ways we?re less predictable to ourselves and sometimes that can be detrimental because we don?t really know where we?re going" - P.Roos

I thought all the younger blokes had good games. Smith has talent, and will make a ripper midfielder in a couple years, Hanneberry also, as B1 moves on he will move in. We'll be lucky if we don't lose White to the GC so don't get too excited, but add Vez, Bird, Moore(needs to improve a little), Reg is really showing something, kicking eficiency aside, and we just need to find a couple more and start working on their fitness levels, with maybe a slight change in game style. Getting one of the young ruckmen up to speed should be a priority.I read in the LRT thread that some thought he looked ok in the ruck, personally I think the periods Jolly was off was what cost us the game, along with a dodgy 50m penalty. LRT is not as effective in ther ruck as Pyke, and when he is in the ruck he is sorely missed down back. Just rambling thoughts.....

Why would Jesse go to the GC? He just signed with us for 2 more years.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Why would Jesse go to the GC? He just signed with us for 2 more years.
    He did? 10 and 11? Well that makes me very happy. Thank u soooo much. Scrap my pessimistic remark pls.

I think it was an extension on the contract that would have expired at the end of 2010, so I believe he's signed with us until the end of 2012.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm not sure about the rest of the ground, but around where I sit at the SCG I can certainly say that Jesse is definitely picking up some of the love that needs a new home with Hall gone, and I daresay he'll get some of MOL's love too. The number of times you hear people excitedly calling out "kick it to Jesse" "get it Jesse" "go Jesse" is wonderful- it's not just me, either

I loved watching him show some toe a few times last night, a Lion fan friend of mine was raving about him after the game- he couldn't believe how quick he was for a guy his size, he said "he's going to be causing some matchup nightmares for the next few years- he'll be too quick for the big strong guys and too strong for the quick guys", a simple observation but probably on the money.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    On "The Fifth Qrtr" they were raving about White. They showed that goal on the run from the boundary, very impressive!
    Yes, Maher and Christian were extremely impressed by his speed an agility for a big man.

He made it onto the Saturday Specials segment.

Back, strapped and intact dread and might's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Yes, Maher and Christian were extremely impressed by his speed an agility for a big man.

He made it onto the Saturday Specials segment.
    fair enough too. Cracking goal
    I wish my weed was EMO so it would cut itself

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dread and might View Post
    fair enough too. Cracking goal
    He almost double up in the last qtr from the other side with a similar goal.

Love him already, big, quick and totally unpredictable.

But I can see why the coaching staff have held him back a little. At this stage he has a tendancy to let his mind wander, hence he drifts out of the game and can play on first and think what he is going to do with it second.

But looks to be a real beauty.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    Love him already, big, quick and totally unpredictable.

But I can see why the coaching staff have held him back a little. At this stage he has a tendancy to let his mind wander, hence he drifts out of the game and can play on first and think what he is going to do with it second.

But looks to be a real beauty.

DST
    Oh dear you have noticed it too. Leo Barry, you live on.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I love Richo. Folks bag him alot, but his work rate coudn't be questioned. Always running and creating opportunities. And you can always tell when his goal kicking is going to be sour, usually within minutes of the first bounce. If Jesse has Richo's ticker, then that's fantastic. If he has Richo's inaccuracy in front of goal...well

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast