Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who will grab numbers 19,28,1,17,12 and 21?

Who will grab numbers 19,28,1,17,12 and 21?

I think Ryan O'Keefe, Jolly or Grundy will grab the #1
    #19 will be free
    Tadhg Kennelly could be back so #17
    Could be Paul Bevan or a new player #28
    Somebody like Bevan, O'Dwyer, Pyke, Buchanan or even a new player will get #12
    Maybe a new player or a good defender will get #21

On the Rookie List
    Wonder what it's like changing your number after having it for a few years. I imagine Goodesy would stay with 37.
    (I have a jersey that Tadhg signed back in 2001 with the number 41 - he had that for one year before going to 17).
    Run2Live,Live2Run

Regular in the Side
    Doubt Jolly, O'Keefe, Bevan or Buchanan would change numbers - Premiership players tend to keep the numbers they wore during their premiership ... i don't think i've seen many change after having such a connection with that number ... last year the new draftees got the low numbers rather than anyone changing.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Best chance is Pyke if he gets promoted. Grundy, Smith and O'Dwyer have had chances in the last couple of years after their promotion from the rookie list and didn't budge and I think that trend will continue. Lots of nice low numbers for the new draftees to choose from!

I highly doubt ROK or Jolly will have the jersey numbers changed anytime soon. After what should be the mark of the year, Grundy's doing a good job with the #39 jersey.
    I only support one team: The SYDNEY SWANS!!!!!

Blog Entries
    I'm thinking White may get it. He's our great white hope, now our fwd line has retired.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 573v30 View Post
    I highly doubt ROK or Jolly will have the jersey numbers changed anytime soon. After what should be the mark of the year, Grundy's doing a good job with the #39 jersey.
    Finally, someone who can wear the 39 with dignity.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Perhaps Jesse may be interested in number 1, but that 18 suits him very well.

Number 19 will be rested for at least 2 years, and probably 21 and 28 for a year or so as well. That is the general rule of thumb for important retirees.

Smiffy may be offered 12, and that would be just fine. That's a good matchup.

The other boys have had their numbers for quite a while now and its rare for any of them to request a new one after more than a year playing seniors.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Perhaps Jesse may be interested in number 1, but that 18 suits him very well.

Number 19 will be rested for at least 2 years, and probably 21 and 28 for a year or so as well. That is the general rule of thumb for important retirees.

Smiffy may be offered 12, and that would be just fine. That's a good matchup.

The other boys have had their numbers for quite a while now and its rare for any of them to request a new one after more than a year playing seniors.
    Agree with all of this. While 1 might be offered to Jesse, I'd much rather him stick with the 18. Giving him the 1 would be too much like trying to shape him into Bazza. He's a different player in personality, role and playing style, and his own individuality as a player needs to be fostered.

19 will definitely be rested for a while, 21 and 28 might be, but then, 4 wasn't when Mathews retired.

I'd like Smith to have 12. You'd then have Smith, Vespa, Bird and Jack in 12, 13, 14, and 15 respectively!

If Currie and Barlow come into the mix full time, add them in at 10 and 11, and you've got the young Swans midfield brigade! Hell, move Malceski onto the wing, give DOK some games, get Meredith back in, play B2 as a tagger just for kicks, keep ROK, Hanners and Macca as they are, move Shaw to the wing, and give the 1 to pick 6 if he's a midfielder, and 1-16 will be almost our entire midfield!
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

BSA Whoo Hoo!!!! Run of thought is a beauty!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by swanny2 View Post
    I think Ryan O'Keefe, Jolly or Grundy will grab the #1
    Would be heartbroken if ROK gave up No 5 Would love to see another player take it to 200 games
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

In general the boys have "their" numbers and I have racked my brains to think of any who have changed after more than one year in Seniors. Just remembered. Frosty. Wasn't he about 32ish and went to 13? Didn't do him much good. Its the younger mob who look to move up the number ranks. Change your number you change your locker. That probably counts too. Cannot imagine Reg would be bothered. Goodsey and 37 is just linked. Same with Peb and 5 etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast