Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: MA Noble Stand Upgrade

On the Rookie List
    When I searched through the dust this morning it says down the bottom I had been randomly selected to participate as a result of my attendance at the Brisbane Lions game. Dont know if it had anything to do with my complaint this year to the Trust. They didnt reply to that ! Since completion of the Trumper stand it left us with the main bar permanently closed, 8 ladies toilets (sick of having to sneak into the mens) to 3 Bays and limited old and dirty food facilities. Even the good old sausage man is gone.

I have one of those too.

I also sent a complaint this year when the little girly twit at the gate wanted to examine my sandwich bag (chicken and mayo being classed a weapon of mass destruction I presume). Didn't think the metal thermos was of interest though.....honestly who employes these people!

I shall also mention toilets for the girls who have to dash in at quarter and half and etc. times. And stand with diminishing dignity and legs crossed with zippers surepticiously undone ready for the final dash.

I am looking forward to making a proper cup of coffee, probably a choccy bic, and take plenty of time to do this. Cannot wait!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

On the Rookie List
    Oh Primmy you make my day Oh and wish I had of waited and completed with coffee and biscuit because now I only have real work to do. Guess the answers will go nowhere again as they seem to keep asking the same questions and I would think that they are told the same thing by letter without questionaires that not everyone gets anyway. You wont get a chance to actually type info in unless you choose a score of lower than 5 for anything.

And the worse thing is that the members is probably one of the worst places to sit in the SCG. I am not a member but have been there with a member a few times for the first day of the Sydney test and its crowded, the viewing is obstructed and the facilities no better than anywhere else in the SCG. Its a funny idea of elitism if the facilities and viewing is better in the public area than in the members.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRosie View Post
    Oh Primmy you make my day Oh and wish I had of waited and completed with coffee and biscuit because now I only have real work to do. Guess the answers will go nowhere again as they seem to keep asking the same questions and I would think that they are told the same thing by letter without questionaires that not everyone gets anyway. You wont get a chance to actually type info in unless you choose a score of lower than 5 for anything.
    Right Rosie, I won't be nice then. I will have to choose a score of lower than 5 in at least one area, and let my thoughts roam.

I apologise for the spelling in the upper post. Early, red sky (is that an omen for the Swans!) and a poor grasp of big wordology.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Warming the Bench

love the scg

seriously, the ground is sensational, offers so many different areas all with different characteristics (the opposite of grounds like the mcg and the gabba, which i like as well mind you). i have seen so much great cricket and footy there, the place has a special feel

our bunch likes sitting/standing in the messenger for the ressies, very close to the ground, nice and sunny on a good morning or afternoon and then we head over to the church(churchill stand) for the seniors, sometimes checking out the feel of the trumper on the way over or back. completely different feel in each (typically one-offs in the messenger, trumper still getting a feel and the familiarity of the church - our 15th season in the same seats). homebush is ok for a change, but the scg is our home, not perfect mind you, but home and i love coming back there. every single time

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by thedoc View Post
    seriously, the ground is sensational, offers so many different areas all with different characteristics (the opposite of grounds like the mcg and the gabba, which i like as well mind you). i have seen so much great cricket and footy there, the place has a special feel

our bunch likes sitting/standing in the messenger for the ressies, very close to the ground, nice and sunny on a good morning or afternoon and then we head over to the church(churchill stand) for the seniors, sometimes checking out the feel of the trumper on the way over or back. completely different feel in each (typically one-offs in the messenger, trumper still getting a feel and the familiarity of the church - our 15th season in the same seats). homebush is ok for a change, but the scg is our home, not perfect mind you, but home and i love coming back there. every single time
    Yep, thats what I put, well almost, sort of, tried to. No seriously, I love the look of and the feel of the older stands, they got a 10 - 1 = jealousy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    And the worse thing is that the members is probably one of the worst places to sit in the SCG. I am not a member but have been there with a member a few times for the first day of the Sydney test and its crowded, the viewing is obstructed and the facilities no better than anywhere else in the SCG. Its a funny idea of elitism if the facilities and viewing is better in the public area than in the members.
    Oh, but the history....!!
    "My theory is that the universe is made out of stupidity because it's more plentiful than hydrogen" - Frank Zappa

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    Good riddance to the current MA Noble and Bradman stands. A long overdue redevelopment.

15 years overdue. But as shown by the Trumper Stand, an improvement is still welcome.

I just hope you don't have to see all those wires hanging from the ceiling like you do in the new Trumper Stand.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234