Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2005 Grand Final - Sydney v West Coast

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I just tried to watch the last fifteen minutes of the 2006 Granny. I have learned something about myself. I can't do it. Even now.
    I just have the "Hey Eagles, Hey Eagles, we're flying hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh" etched in my brain from that day. Every time I hear the start of that song it fills me with a sick feeling of "Oh, not THAT again!"

I have not watched 2006 again. Would only get too depressed thinking about the utter rubbish we put up in the 1st half. And that Barry Hall miss.

How close was our "average team" to winning 2 flags in a row? You wonder if the players ever ask themselves that same question.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

I faced a demon yesterday and watched 2006 on One HD the first time since that very same day. To be honest, and lets not get blinkered here, we were damned lucky that it was that close in the end. The Eagles missed a stack of getable goals too.

I forgot about how many damned good tackles our boys laid and the fourth quarter was fantastic. Still, our habit of playing catchup came back to bite us on the bum. An number of players were having a shocker thats for sure. It seemed that the boys would do something fantastic, then back it up with a clanger - no one was immune for the first 2 and a half quarters. then the plan clicked into place, but it fell ever so short.

Of course Quartermain was having orgasms over Judd (I reckon if he farted the commentators would go into raptures!). I forgot about the bobsy twins and their matching haircuts (Hunter & Cousins) and Kerr looked like he was highly strung rabbit about to pop a valve.
    I still dont understand why the crowd would go nuts when Lynch (who is really a very unattractive man) would take a glove off - I mean it is only a freakin glove!!!

Some of the umpiring decisions were questionable - but that happens every game, but in all - great game, lousy result. had great seats and shared the sorrow with good friends on the day. Dont need to see it ever again.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123