Thread: List management

List management

Just wondering whether Longmire will take the head coach position, and roos have absolutely nothing to do come draft time.
    Considering first year players generally don't play in their first season, and if so, don't have too great an impact, we may see the beginning of Longmire's construction of the list.

Will be interesting to try and get an insight as to what his plans are. (if any different at all to roos)

Roos will no doubt have a say in who's delisted, but Longmire will probably get a strong say there as well.
    Ed Considine's day out - Round 3, 16th April 1995.
    11 Kicks, 13 Handballs, 8 Marks, 1 Goal, 1 Behind, 1 Tackle, 1 Hitout, 3 Brownlow votes (his only votes)
    Ed = God

Quote Originally Posted by Chookbilly View Post
    Just wondering whether Longmire will take the head coach position, and roos have absolutely nothing to do come draft time.
    Considering first year players generally don't play in their first season, and if so, don't have too great an impact, we may see the beginning of Longmire's construction of the list.

Will be interesting to try and get an insight as to what his plans are. (if any different at all to roos)

Roos will no doubt have a say in who's delisted, but Longmire will probably get a strong say there as well.
    Under the modern system, most of the list management decisions don't come down to coaches.

Don't get me wrong they get a say and casting vote in some circumstances, but if you are spending a $1 million a year on 5 bodies in the recruiting team then the final decision on list management should come down to them.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    Under the modern system, most of the list management decisions don't come down to coaches.

Don't get me wrong they get a say and casting vote in some circumstances, but if you are spending a $1 million a year on 5 bodies in the recruiting team then the final decision on list management should come down to them.

DST
    I understand that.
    Really just wondering out loud as to whether Roosy will basically step aside and have NOTHING to do with it.
    Basically let Longmire have that 'final say', to essentially start grooming the list before he has taken the reins.
    Ed Considine's day out - Round 3, 16th April 1995.
    11 Kicks, 13 Handballs, 8 Marks, 1 Goal, 1 Behind, 1 Tackle, 1 Hitout, 3 Brownlow votes (his only votes)
    Ed = God

Warming the Bench
    I'd be very surprised if Roosy completely stepped aside, even a year from now. It has been known for head coaches to still go to their mentors well after taking over in their roles - certainly Roosy was still in touch with Rocket in spite of the manner in which he left the club.

I seem to recall reading something about Lyon calling Roos for advice too, although they are mates.

Do you reckon any input Longmire and Roos have on recruitment would be so very different to each other? Tend to think they would be looking at/for the same types to bring in...