View Poll Results: Who should we take with pick 6?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ben Cunnington

12 25.00%
  • Kane Lucas

5 10.42%
  • Luke Tapscott

5 10.42%
  • John Butcher

3 6.25%
  • Gary Rohan

16 33.33%
  • Lewis Jetta

6 12.50%
  • Other - please specify

1 2.08%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who should we select with pick 6 in the ND?

Who should we select with pick 6 in the ND?

Big draft coming up for us given the stage we are in with rebuilding, it's very important we draft well this year. The first 3 or 4 picks looks set in stone just about with Melbourne expected to take Trengove and Scully, Richmond to take Martin and Freo looking to take Morabito. After that it's anyone's guess.

We are likely to go with one of these kids:

Ben Cunnington
    YouTube - afldraftinfo.com - Ben Cunnington vs WA - 2009 AFL U18 Championships - July 1st

Kane Lucas
    YouTube - afldraftinfo.com - Kane Lucas vs Vic Country - 2009 AFL U18 Championships - July 1st

Luke Tapscott
    YouTube - afldraftinfo.com - Luke Tapscott vs VM - 2009 AFL U18 Championships - July 1st

Gary Rohan
    YouTube - afldraftinfo.com - Gary Rohan vs WA - 2009 AFL U18 Championships - July 1st

John Butcher
    YouTube - afldraftinfo.com - John Butcher- 2009 AFL U18 Championships - July 1st

Lewis Jetta
    YouTube - afldraftinfo.com - Lewis Jetta vs Subiaco - 2009 WAFL Season - Round 12

Tough to make a well informed choice from a few youtube clips but based on what you have seen, and our team needs, who do you think we should take?

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    Big draft coming up for us given the stage we are in with rebuilding, it's very important we draft well this year. The first 3 or 4 picks looks set in stone just about with Melbourne expected to take Trengove and Scully, Richmond to take Martin and Freo looking to take Morabito. After that it's anyone's guess.

We are likely to go with one of these kids:

Ben Cunnington
    YouTube - afldraftinfo.com - Ben Cunnington vs WA - 2009 AFL U18 Championships - July 1st

Kane Lucas
    YouTube - afldraftinfo.com - Kane Lucas vs Vic Country - 2009 AFL U18 Championships - July 1st

Luke Tapscott
    YouTube - afldraftinfo.com - Luke Tapscott vs VM - 2009 AFL U18 Championships - July 1st

Gary Rohan
    YouTube - afldraftinfo.com - Gary Rohan vs WA - 2009 AFL U18 Championships - July 1st

John Butcher
    YouTube - afldraftinfo.com - John Butcher- 2009 AFL U18 Championships - July 1st

Lewis Jetta
    YouTube - afldraftinfo.com - Lewis Jetta vs Subiaco - 2009 WAFL Season - Round 12

Tough to make a well informed choice from a few youtube clips but based on what you have seen, and our team needs, who do you think we should take?
    I was going to comment on the lucas tape but after seeing them all im not convinced that someone didnt get confused between highlight and blooper reels. Please of this lot could we please please please take gary rohan, at the very least he will be a cult figure due to his red hair. If this is the best of the draft we are in trouble.

Jake Carlisle, cause I want him at a club that will look after him.

Tossing up between Rohan and Lucas. Rohan has the X-factor, but he's a risk. Lucas is a safer bet, he's all class, but doesn't seem to have the game-breaking ability of Rohan.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    I'm seriously torn. I want Rohan because i believe he can provide an extra spark and x - factor that we will miss from Micky O and Goodes when he retires but i sort of feel that Lucas will be the safer bet.

Butcher i'm really not sure about but if we get him then our KPP stocks seem alot more assured (especially if we are able to snare Talia with 14).

I'll give it to Rohan just on the fact that his potential is bigger.

EDIT: @@@@, forgot about Cunnington. I'll reneg. my preference is Cunnington>Rohan>Lucas.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Every team needs a Ranga

Of the players you've listed, we would take Cunnington if he were still available. He seems to be the prototype Swans player - hard running, strong tackling with no regard for self preservation (think Jude Bolton).

Don't know enough about the others but Roos has said good kicking skills will be our priority. Cunnington isn't exactly an outside mid but I can't imagine us letting him slip if North don't grab him.

Rohan is exciting and he'd be my selection if Cunnington is already taken.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Jetta.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

a forward for me.......to take over from Bradshaw in 3 years
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

The player least likely to want to go home after two seasons.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quite liked what I saw of Jetta. Good defensive play and some very clever kicks although a bit high and floaty but good vision and quick decision making.
    I'd like a Ranga too - can't think of the last one we had - Bennett?

Rohan, Lucas, and Morabitto impressed me. Rohans pace, and skill was good. Lucas was good at finding the ball but his disposal was average. Morabitto was also good at finding the ball and his disposal isnt bad. At this stage its Rohan, then Morabitto, then Lucas. Jetta is a stick so no to him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast