Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jenny McAsey - Media Dept at Swans

Jenny McAsey - Media Dept at Swans

InBloodySpired decision.

One of my favourite journalists. And I sent off in my survey that I thought the Swans needed someone in media who loved the club and sent POSITIVE messages out to the public, not the "Sydney only loves winners" crap. I am tickled pink (red?).
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Any relation to the might Swans defender from the 80's - Darren McAsey?

Living in 2005
    Oh nice, her and her family sit in front of me in the Brewongle stand. Good decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post
    Any relation to the might Swans defender from the 80's - Darren McAsey?
    Yes, sister.

On the Rookie List
    Yay, now we are talking

The flip side is that we lose the one journalist who was capable of writing informed articles on the Swans.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Excellent appointment, she's a lovely, intelligent person. Her eldest son also plays with Roos boy, coached by Roosey...he's about 14 and he's very good !
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    The flip side is that we lose the one journalist who was capable of writing informed articles on the Swans.
    Please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    Please explain.
    JMcA is a quality sports journalist with The Australian, who did not take misinformed pot shots at the Swans. She always took a fair minded look at whatever she was writing about, understands the use of good English and looked at the Swans with a positive eye. Which is in direct contrast with her disparaging associates south of the border. I have always looked out for her articles with pleasurable anticipation.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I knew the Sydney AFL scene was small but I didn't know it was that small. With her connections it'd be a soda to be the Australian's AFL reporter in Sydney. Joining the Swans now saves her from having to make friends with Western Sydney.

From what I gather from the announcement, hers is a new position in the club.

PS: I hope in her new position she makes we get better-written press releases than this:

?It is disappointing for Tim but we are supportive of his decision," CEO Andrew Ireland said.
    We know what he means but it does like sound like the club is pleased to see the back of the poor kid.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/n...5/default.aspx
    Last edited by ShockOfHair; 20th October 2009 at 11:08 PM. Reason: One more thing
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    We know what he means but it does like sound like the club is pleased to see the back of the poor kid.

Schmidt retires - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club
    ?It is disappointing for Tim and the club but we are supportive of his decision," CEO Andrew Ireland said.
    I think would have sounded better
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    Please explain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    JMcA is a quality sports journalist with The Australian, who did not take misinformed pot shots at the Swans. She always took a fair minded look at whatever she was writing about, understands the use of good English and looked at the Swans with a positive eye. Which is in direct contrast with her disparaging associates south of the border. I have always looked out for her articles with pleasurable anticipation.
    Primmy is essentially right. McAsey clearly had very good sources at the club and a very good working relationship. She wrote about many of the 'backroom' issues that are far too obscure to tackle for the Sydney dailies - such as rehab, player development, coaching moves, recruiting etc.

For example, this article on Dave Missen from September (appropriate given ORB's thread) - The X-factor keeping Saints on paddock | The Australian gave a great insight into the club's training and fitness regime.

All we get from the Tele and SMH are the bog-standard, tough in cheek quotes from Paul Roos or whichever player is rolled out by the media department the day before, and stories written by Melbourne-based hacks such as Richard Hinds about the Swans gameplan or very occassionally something he picks up browsing this site.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast