View Poll Results: Who is our next superstar?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jesse White

28 26.67%
  • Dan Hannebery

27 25.71%
  • Craig Bird

7 6.67%
  • Keiran Jack

18 17.14%
  • Patrick Veszpremi

15 14.29%
  • Nick Smith

6 5.71%
  • Jarred Moore

0 0%
  • Gary Rohan (cheeky prediction on my part)

1 0.95%
  • Meredith (by popular demand)

3 2.86%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who is our brightest young star?

Long Term Injury List
    I've voted for Hannerbury. While I'm excited about J White and Vespa, I think Dan has shown an amazingly cool head in the games he has played, and showed improvement every week. Superstars are consistently good and he doesn't look like he is going to play too many bad games.

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I don't often do this. Have a hissy fit at another R&Wers post.

Ed Barlow!!!!! Has proven himself to sometimes play ok. When he remembers. Blows hot and cold.
    a little like Smith, Bird, Vez, Moore etc.......yet to prove them self......yet Edward has played 25 games and will play 16 in 2010 I think minimum if not injured.......hard to say if Smithy, Bird, Vez and Moore will definitely play more than 16 games if not injured also
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Hard to pick, but in terms of what they have actually done so far, not what they might do in the future, I picked Nick Smith, who beat some very classy opposition, found his own ball and was constructive with it.
    Potential? Smith, White, Bird and Hannebery are all possible gamebreakers. The future is exciting.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Surely Brett Meredith deserves to be in that list.
    Before breaking his arm, he showed he was more than capable at senior level..... not to mention his exquisite ball usage.

Saying that, I voted for Vespa
    Ed Considine's day out - Round 3, 16th April 1995.
    11 Kicks, 13 Handballs, 8 Marks, 1 Goal, 1 Behind, 1 Tackle, 1 Hitout, 3 Brownlow votes (his only votes)
    Ed = God

I went with Vespa by process of elimination.

I think he, White and Eggberry are most likely to be superstars. Egg's still young, and it takes a few years for star forwards to develop, which leaves Paddy.

I also think a 'superstar' has to grab people's attention and Paddy' pace, and his ability to find the ball, not to mention his extravagant goal celebrations, certainly leave an impression.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    I voted for White, but I think Nick Smith has great potential for us.
    I think it is more likely that Nick Smith will Captain an AA team - but you can't go past a marquee key forward. Gotta be White.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

After a full pre season, Veszpremi is ready to become a very good / elite AFL player and show why we took him before Rioli in 07.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Goes up to 11
    [QUOTE=Chookbilly;464765]Surely Brett Meredith deserves to be in that list.
    Before breaking his arm, he showed he was more than capable at senior level..... not to mention his exquisite ball usage.
    [QUOTE]

I agree - where is Meredith? He is a very exciting prospect and will see a lot more time in the 1s next year, injury permitting of course.

Senior Player
    I voted for Vez. As Hammo said, with a full pre-season under his belt, I think this year is his breakout year and he will show us (and the opposition) what he's capable of.

Craig Bird for me.

Maybe not this season, but come 2011 or 2012, he will be a gun. Lacks some power in his legs at the moment and needs a bit more confidence with his decision making, but when he gets that, he will be a superstar.

Has showed to me that he has great poise and a very good handball in traffic. To me, he has some similar attributes to Greg Williams at the same age.

Hannebaby
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Vesz-president or White are the only players with potential to be "superstars" although I have confidence Bird and Jack grow to be held in the same esteem as one P. Kelly.
    Last edited by Lucky Knickers; 28th October 2009 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Edited for directness

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast